31 Days:: Project Life

by jessicaturner on October 4, 2011

This is the fourth post in a series: 31 Days of Memory Keeping, check out all the posts here.

It seems fitting that on Project Life Tuesday, I talk about Project Life for this series.

Project Life is my favorite memory keeping tool.

I love the simplicity.

I love that I am doing something to record stories+pictures.

I love that it is still a form of paper scrapbooking.

I love the large 12×12 album.

I love my growing collection of annual albums (I started doing Project Life in 2009).

I love the kit designs every year.

I love everything about it.

Watch this video to learn more about Project Life from the founder Becky Higgins.

To see the new products coming later this fall, click here.

Update: here’s the video Becky just posted with the new “core kits” for Project Life.

I encourage you to check out Ali Edwards’ weekly posts of her Project Life album. Next year I am seriously considering going this route for Project Life because I think it will keep me much more on top of my album. I am good with taking the pictures, but find it difficult to get the journaling into the album. Ali’s series has been a big inspiration for me.

Please link up your Project Life Tuesday pictures below. I will be adding an album for September to my Facebook page today (since I fell a bit behind these past few weeks), so be sure to like my page so you can see them later today!

Denise In Bloom October 4, 2011 at 11:29 am

Jessica,

I am loving your 31 day series, and is just what I have needed! I scrapbooked for years and did lots of paper scrapbooking, then moved to digital. However all of it has gone by the wayside in the last couple years, and I have been wanting to find a way to start scrapbooking that works with my lifestyle. I bought a couple of the Project Life Kits recently and am getting excited to dive in. I loved the link to Ali Edwards project, and that inspires me to make scrapbooking part of my everyday life. Can’t wait to keep reading this month!
Blessings! Maybe I will see you at Relevant this month. : )

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 11:48 am

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am really, really excited about the content coming down the pike. Lots of great stuff – and a few surprises. :)

Jane October 4, 2011 at 11:46 am

Great post! I did digital scrapbooking for a couple of years, but just can’t seem to find the time for it anymore. I LOVE Ali Edward’s stuff and have been wanting to do something along those lines. Thanks for the motivation :)

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 11:48 am

I can’t say enough great things about Project Life. I need to do a better job of getting mine done!

sona October 5, 2011 at 10:15 am

Thank you for this series. Is there a way to make a digital scrapped page and upload that as the page in a digital book?

jessicaturner October 5, 2011 at 11:36 am

Yes, people do this all the time. I think you just design your pages, then upload them. :) I am not a digital scrapbooker in the traditional sense of the term, but I know it can be done.

sona October 5, 2011 at 11:41 am

There is the problem, no clue how or where to even find out, without spending lots of money for classes etc.

Rachel @ The Ongoing Planner October 5, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I stumbled upon your blog through the 31 Days series (through The Inspired Room). I had never heard about Project Life and it sounds amazing! I will definitely look into it and can’t wait to get started :)

shelby October 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Quick question on the Project life albums. Do you do one album with both kids daily pictures or seperate albums. I wanted to start this in Jan. and wondering do I do a album for each child or all together. Thanks for your help. I am loving this 31 day series, I have a 4 and 2 year old and have done nothing with the thousands of pictures sitting on my computer, you have motivated me to change that soon!! Thanks

jessicaturner October 19, 2011 at 11:54 am

I only do one book, and it is for our whole family. I put it day care notes, art from Elias, handprints, ticket stubs, hotel keycards, photos, etc. all in the one book. I know Eriin at Sunny Side Up (http://www.thesunnysideupblog.com/) does one for each kid, but I just don’t have the time to do that. One album for me! :)