31 Days :: My Scrapbooking Evolution

by jessicaturner on October 3, 2011

This is the third day in a series: 31 Days of Memory Keeping, check out all the posts here.

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time know that I used to be a crazy scrapbooker.

In fact, before I had kids, I would often wake up at 6 am and scrapbook a layout or two before getting ready for work.

I went to scrapbooking conferences.

I taught scrapbooking classes.

I created hundreds of layouts.

I bought more scrapbook paper than I will probably ever use.

Now instead of waking up to scrapbook, I wake up, nurse, pump, shower, make breakfast and nurse again.

I haven’t paper scrapped in about a year.

I miss it.

And I suspect that someday I will make some paper layouts again. Just not in the next few months. :)

But remember, paper scrapbooking does NOT equal memory keeping.

In the past year I have made at least ten photo books. I have journaled. I have taken thousands of pictures. I have made a Project Life album.

My memory keeping is thriving.

It just looks different.

Perhaps you are just memory keeping differently.

Or perhaps, you need this series to give you a kick in the pants. :)

Wendy October 3, 2011 at 5:35 am

Memory keeping is such a neat term. I have not had much time to scrapbook so I have turned to memory keeping. One day I will be able to scrapbook it. I hope.

jessicaturner October 3, 2011 at 6:34 am

You and me both!

Chelsey October 3, 2011 at 10:08 am

I haven’t done any pages since my daughter was born. Which was 13 months ago. Now I have another on the way. Maybe I’ll start trying to get caught up. I didn’t think about how I have been keeping memories in different ways, most of it is recorded on my blog :)

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 11:51 am

Yes, blogging is a big way I keep stories too!

Claire October 3, 2011 at 10:48 am

I *completely* failed to do Project Life this year….next year I am going to start again!

Cxx

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 11:51 am

The year isn’t over. :)

Barbara October 3, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I don’t have a lot of time to scrapbook anymore but sometimes when I’m super stressed, I’ll stay up late to scrapbook binge. For some reason, nothing calms me like scrapbooking :)

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 11:51 am

I can totally relate

melissa @ the inspired room October 3, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I used to get so crafty with my scrapbooks and it was really fun. And then, I had my third child. The craftiness was pared down considerably. :-) But that is ok. At least my sons’s first year got into the scrapbook!

Great series Jessica!! Love it!

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 11:48 am

Thanks friend.

Shine October 4, 2011 at 2:08 pm

“So don’t think for a second that if you don’t paper scrapbook or if your first child has a bigger scrapbook than your second (or third or fourth) that you aren’t memory keeping!”

Really???!!! So I can actually digitally scrapbook my second daughters first year book with the new exciting program I bought??? You mean I don’t have to drag out all must stuff and do it by hand because I did her sister’s so beutifully that way 6 years ago??? You mean I can not feel guilty even if I paid for the photos to be developed and bought the album and it’s just sitting there??? Becuase I could whip out a pretty rockin digital scrapbook all journeled and everything in a week! I would so love this! Apparently just needed someone else to tell me it’s ok ;0)

Steph "Shine" October 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm

and my 2yo baby girl would so love to look at her album now not when she’s 10!!!

jessicaturner October 4, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Yes, it is OKAY. :)

louis vuitton store June 10, 2012 at 9:15 am

I am simply an ordinary person employed in Saudi Arabia. Instead of purchasing the actual original, genuine, expensive unique handbag, I prefer to select reproduction gucci hand bags that can help save myself a great deal of money. Nowadays, a growing number of reproduction purses along with elegant design will be on the market today. Eventhough they’re simply reproduction of the authentic international luxury handbags, it features a special style as well as good quality. Plus, 100% mirrored to that particular unique louis vuitton official website