31 Days :: Journals to Your Kids+FREEBIE

by jessicaturner on October 10, 2011

This is the 10th day in a series: 31 Days of Memory Keeping, check out all the posts here.

For the next couple days, I am going to be talking about journaling and why I think it is an important part of my memory keeping process.

I have never been very good at journaling. I love the idea of it, but never have been able to do it regularly enough to make it a habit.

But, when I read the book Writing Motherhood it really motivated me to get more stories down.

Then I discovered the amazing custom journals on Paper Coterie.

And my motivation turned to action.

I created a journal with each child’s photo and name. A few nights a week I write a bit about them – stories, milestones, thoughts.

It doesn’t take too long and is an easy way to record memories and leave a legacy of love for my children.

Free Journal
I am thrilled to share that Paper Coterie has generously offered to give all Mom Creative readers a free photo journal – just pay shipping! Shipping is about $9, and it is worth penny. Simply visit PaperCoterie and use the code MOMCREATIVE1. The code is valid until 10/21. I have five of these journals, and I love and use every one. I hope you will take a few minutes to make one. I know you will love it – and it will bless your children!

Of course, you can certainly use these journals for a million things too. And they make great gifts.

Coming Soon
On 10/17 and 10/24 I will share other memory keeping products that I use and love from Paper Coterie and you will get to try them for FREE too.

Are you excited?

Please be sure to go say thank you to Paper Coterie for their generosity. You can find them on Facebook here.

Disclosure: I approached Paper Coterie with the idea to offer this freebie for my readers because I love Paper Coterie so, so much. They provided me with several codes to make more of the products I love and already used.

Andrea Schwer October 10, 2011 at 8:24 am

Thanks for this great post. I started Project Life earlier this year and since then have wanted to start journaling more. This will give me the opportunity.

Stephanie October 10, 2011 at 10:22 am

This looks like a great deal! Thanks for working this out. I got the vase deal you worked out with Dayspring for Mother’s Day, and my mother and mother-in-law love the Ever Grateful vases. It was great meeting you yesterday. I’m loving this series.

jessicaturner October 11, 2011 at 9:05 am

It was great to meet you too! Thanks for saying hello.

Stephanie Click October 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm

This is great! I’ll definitely be taking advantage of this!!! I have a journal for each child – I actually one for each child started them the day I found out I was pregnant. They still aren’t full … but about every 6 months I remember to write in them! :) Oh well … it’s something! I think I’ll perhaps use this free journal to write my personal story. I’ve not done that and feel that the kids will one day want to know about my childhood, my earliest memories, mistakes I made, etc. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

jessicaturner October 11, 2011 at 9:02 am

cool idea. On Wednesday I will be sharing about a book I am using to do the same!

Christie October 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm

This was perfect timing. I was looking for a code last night for Paper Coterie. Definitely doing another journal, I love the one I already have. I also have the collage heart poster which is beautiful.

Cara October 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Paper Coterie stuff is amazing! I have two journals already, and I will definitely take advantage of this code – thank you so much! I can’t wait to see the other deals from them:)

Jeri Taira October 10, 2011 at 8:28 pm

This really is an awesome idea. I’ve been writing journals to both my boys since they were teens. They are both adults now, one married and enjoying his first son. I shared with his wife and now she’s writing journals to their son. Stories, marking their iconic moments, struggles, prayers, and more…

I can’t wait to give them their journals in years to come.

Jeri Taira October 16, 2011 at 12:36 am

I just ordered a journal for my hubby and I to start about our lives for our kids. Thanks for sharing this post. It stirred my creativity. Already thanked Paper Coterie. So excited for it to arrive.

God Bless.

Dana October 10, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I love this idea! I have been doing this for my daughter, but I need to start one for my son too (I am going to go to that website). I have some friends who made journals like this for their children and on their 18th birthdays they gave them the journals. I think it would be an amazing gift… hopefully I can last that long!
Thanks for your post.

jessicaturner October 11, 2011 at 9:05 am

What a neat gift indeed.

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake) October 11, 2011 at 1:02 am

I ordered one of their books (http://xnomads.typepad.com/blog/2011/09/india-rajasthan-a-photo-book-from-paper-coterie.html) and sent it to my mom and she LOVES it. I’m so excited to try one of their journals too. Your post has reminded me that I haven’t written in my kids’ journals in a long while! I started one for each while I was pregnant with them. We moved abroad three years ago and I lost the routine. Thanks so much for jogging my memory. I’m going to put them by my bed and start up again today!

Alicia October 11, 2011 at 3:15 am

I was SO excited about this deal- I jumped on the website and designed a journal straight away, only to discover that international shipping (I live in Australia) is $36.60! Yikes!

Lindsay October 11, 2011 at 9:18 am

Oh! I love that journal idea! I have a journal where I jot down stories from the week to help me with my Project Life journaling at the end of each week but I really like the idea of having a journal just for my son to read stories about himself. Thanks for code!!! Going to order one today!

Robin Troxell October 11, 2011 at 11:33 am

LOVE PC!!! I have made a few journals and need a few more to use as teacher’s gifts for Christmas! yay!

kristen October 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm

this is great but i can not get the code to work. i copied and pasted and everything but it keeps saying “ERROR! coupon code not found”. anyone have any tips?

jessicaturner October 12, 2011 at 1:28 am

very odd… I would contact customer service. They are always super helpful!

Joe October 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Awesome! Thanks! I made one of their journals a few months ago and my wife loved it as a gift! Just made another one! I’ve been so impressed with the quality of Paper Coterie’s products!

rjb October 12, 2011 at 9:18 am

This sounds great!! I may give it a try!!

Brandy October 12, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Your blog says the free journal code expires 10/16, but the website says it is good until 10/21….do you know if this is correct? I have a photo shoot with the kiddos this weekend and would love to use a new picture for the journal. Thank you and PC for this!

Christy October 13, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Just ordered my journal! I can’t wait to get it. Kendall has recently started talking a whole more and I can’t wait to start recording everything she says:) Such a great idea and what a great deal! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Jane October 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

What a great product, thank you so much for this giveaway :)

Katie October 17, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I am having trouble getting my code to work, but it doesn’t seem anyone else did…I wonder what the issue is, hmmmmmmm

jessicaturner October 18, 2011 at 4:41 am

contact PC’s customer service – they are fabulous and will be glad to help.

Katie October 19, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I did that Jessica, and they said it was working and I just tried it again. This time it went through and was applied. I swear I didn’t do anything differently than the first time, still can’t figure out why it didn’t work before. Am excited to try their journals, I like the idea you had for using them to jot down memories.

Natalie October 20, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hi Jessica, I just found your blog today – well, i actually found it long ago after a scrap etc event where I think we met – but it has been a LONG time. I actually bought that “Mother’s Heart” at the Hoover Mall in Hallmark when I was at the Scrap ETC event in gosh – 2007 i think. so it is ironic i stumbled to your blog and found this post of all posts! (at least i think you were there, i could be completely wrong on your name too – wouldn’t be the first time)

anyway, i have always been a huge fan of journalling. In 2009 I was diagnosed with a very rare tumor, and i was very scared that if something happened to me, my son (18 months at the time) wouldn’t remember anything about me. the only thing that brought me any comfort was my journals that i had been writting to him since before he was born. luckily my tumor was cancer free and after surgery and lots of therapy, i was fine and able to return to a normal life. however – now, i have a 2nd little boy and ironically i never seem to find the time to write in his journals like I did for my first. I’m going to send off for this journal if i’m not too late for the deal. those are adorable. and i’m going to try to make a point to write in their journals more. i used to write in peyton’s journal while he played in the bath, so i might just do the same thing now, while i watch both of them play in the tub, instead of wasting time on my iphone. thanks for the inspiration. i’m adding you to my blogreader!!!

jessicaturner October 20, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I was there! Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration.

Rebekah {honeyandcheese} January 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

That book looks really good. I’m on my way to add it to my wishlist . . .