31 Days:: A Sunday Memory

by jessicaturner on October 16, 2011

This is the 16th day in a series: 31 Days of Memory Keeping. Check out all the posts here.

As the weekend ends, I want to encourage you to jot down one memory. One moment from the weekend that you don’t want to forget.

Here’s mine:

Adeline and I have been traveling every week for the past three weeks (Sara’s funeral, visit to Matthew’s family and Women of Faith with Angie this weekend). Today it was really important to me that we have some quality family time.

We decided to go to our church’s fall picnic at Owen Farm and had a blast. It was right during afternoon nap time (which meant an ornery three-year-old), but we just went with it. :)

The highlight was all the chinchillas.

Elias was in heaven, especially with the donkeys.

This one donkey was particularly friendly.

And this sequence cracks. me. up.

What is your weekend memory?

Emily @ The Pilot's Wife October 16, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Love that! When we lived in Kansas our neighbors had donkeys and Miles called them the “hee-haws”. :)

jessicaturner October 17, 2011 at 5:49 am

I love Miles. :)

Mom October 17, 2011 at 8:31 am

Adorable pics….thanks for sharing the fun sweetheart !!

Jessica Kelley October 17, 2011 at 9:53 am

My parents were visiting this weekend, and we did a photo shoot and went to the Music and Molasses Festival at Ellington Ag Center, but honestly, my favorite memory of the weekend was how my overtired, tantrum-throwing girl finally just collapsed in my arms for a way-too-late nap on my shoulder, and was a mommy’s girl for the rest of the weekend.

Debra October 17, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I love your pictures! Everyone looks so happy. Animals always add a little surprise to everything, don’t they?

Debra October 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh, I didn’t mention – my daughter’s name is Adeline, too. It’s a family name for us. She is nine now. Seeing your sweet baby brings back memories…. :)

jessicaturner October 18, 2011 at 9:55 am

It is a family name for us too- my great-grandmother’s name!

Edith October 18, 2011 at 11:37 pm

It’s funny how you’re talking about memories from the past because I was recently thinking about two guys that I dated while in college. One was a jerk and the other a total prince.