Sara’s Memorial Service: Watch Live

by jessicaturner on September 28, 2011

Last night was Sara’s wake, and it was beautiful.

Hundreds of people streamed into the church to honor Sara’s life.

They were greeted by a big screen with a slideshow of photos of her with the people she loved, her painted canvases and more photos.

Sara was wearing a shirt that said, It’s Not About Me. Before she passed away she told me that she would be wearing the shirt because it was her last chance to tell people that life is all about God.

Little did she know the impact her story would continue to have after her death.

Oh Sara. How we love you so.

Her hands had two rosaries wrapped in them. One was the rosary Matthew bought Sara while in Bolivia with World Vision. I went back and read the email of thanks she sent and was moved again by her profound words:

When I am in the kind of pain where I want to put my head against the wall I hold onto a rosary, even when I don’t have the strength to pray it. Because it reminds me that He’s here even when I can’t feel anything but the situation I’m in.

Oh Sara, you are with Him now!

Today the funeral will be at St. Cecilia’s at 1:30 p.m. and you can be there, right from your computer.

The Frankl family has arranged for the service to be streamed (fingers crossed that it works).

Go to Siouxland Community Christian School’s Athletics page and click on the link at the bottom of the page, beneath Live Video from SCCS Sports. At 1:30 the stream will hopefully be up and live.

We feel blanketed by your prayers during this time.

Robin Dance September 28, 2011 at 8:50 am

Love you Jess…thanks for sharing your heart. Always.

Lisa-Jo @thegypsymama September 28, 2011 at 8:52 am

Hard to swallow through reading this. We love you Jessica.

~~~Sara, we love you love you love you

Amy Fox September 28, 2011 at 9:07 am

Jessica,

Thank you for sharing the wake, I am typing through tears. I so missing Sara, she has made such a big impact on my life and I could just picture her laying there. Thank you for sharing this with us – even through your grief.

Love and Hugs
Amy in Springfield, MO

Sarah Hubbell aka MainlineMom September 28, 2011 at 9:33 am

Thank you SO much for sharing this Jess, I know it must be so very hard. Love and prayers from Texas.

Deidra September 28, 2011 at 9:40 am

So much love! Thanks for sharing this with us, Jess!

Jessica September 28, 2011 at 9:48 am

Thanks for letting all of us know that we can share in this. Just last week I was out of town visiting friends and perusing an antique/art gallery. I came across an artist who paints these folksy birds with different sayings- one of them was a bird and it simply said “choose joy”. I teared up, thought of Sara, thanked God for her life and bought it to put in my new baby girl’s room. What a blessing to know that Sara chose joy and is now with the joy giver.

Bran September 28, 2011 at 9:53 am

Always pointing to Him, even when she could be wearing a stellar last outfit and rockin’ some awesome jeans. 😉 I love that girl. The fact that she chose that to wear just makes me smile and cry at the same time. Only she would think to do that and I love her for it. And I miss her for it. And my heart aches for more of her constant stream of wisdom.

Don’t just rest in Peace sweet girl, RUN in peace.

Becky W. September 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

Jessica, thank you so much for sharing about Sara! I discovered her blog through in(courage) and fell in love with her attitude and outlook on life. I can only hope to be half the woman she was! What an amazing testimony she lived! I will continually “Choose Joy” because of Sara and my Savior!

Mela Kamin September 28, 2011 at 10:20 am

I will be tuning in – thank you for letting us know. Praying all goes smoothly and the Peace that passes understanding fills the aching places for all of you.

Cellina September 28, 2011 at 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing about Sara. Praying for family and all who loved her so. I am blessed to have “met” her.

Jennifer Fletcher September 28, 2011 at 10:28 am

Hi Jessica, how blessed you are to have been friends in ‘real life’ with Sara. And how so like the Sara I think Iknew (on-line only these past couple of years), to turn our heart and life to God. What a wonderful example she has been to me…Living with a chronic illness that takes my breath away can ‘get to you’ sometimes and ‘talking’ with Sara encouraged me to live my life fully and not define who I am by my COPD. Thank you God for Sara.

I couldn’t watch the live stream yesterday….my computer (read possibly operator me) couldn’t open the link. I’ll be praying for all of you today…..joy in the time of sorrow.

Susan September 28, 2011 at 10:35 am

Thank you Jessica.

Patricia September 28, 2011 at 12:29 pm

praying for you all there ~ thank you Jessica

Sarah K September 28, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Thank you for being there for her and for us, Jessica. If I can get my boys to sleep, I plan on joining in mourning via the live streaming video. We love you, Sara!

shellie (baylormum) September 28, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Thank-you, Siouxland Community Christian School for stepping in to make this a reality for the hundreds of friends from around the world!!
From a very grateful woman in Southern CA.

Julie September 28, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Jessica, I wasn’t able to open this feed but want to let you know I am praying for you and all present at this glorious celebration. I don’t have words to to share except- I have read Sara’s blog and testimony and I am CHANGED. And what a tender hearted friend you are…. I wish I had more friends like you. Much love to you.

laura September 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Hi Jessica,
I want to thank you for doing Project Life Tuesday. I started as a Becky Higgins fan, and just stopped by your site to look at the photos for inspiration. Then I started reading Sara’s blog and getting inspiration from her joy and happiness. I was moved by her ability to find the joy in life, even when she was “trapped” inside the walls of her home. Thank you for sharing her with me. I am saddened by her passing as so many who didn’t even know her are. Thanks for being the way I got to know her!

I also love all the pictures of your super cute kids!!!!

Julie September 29, 2011 at 10:32 am

Hi Jessica,
I watched the funeral service yesterday and it was beautiful. I lost it when I realized that the song playing during communion was Sara singing. She was an incredible woman.

Stephanie Tyler September 29, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Many prayers to you and all her friends and sweet family~Sara was an amazing and beautiful woman. She touched our hearts through her words. I know the Lord welcomed her home with wide open arms.