Today we go to the hospital to see if Adeline has turned and then proceed with delivery.
If she has not turned, they will do a version, which is a procedure where the doctors try to manually turn her on the outside of my stomach.
If she turns with the version, we will induce labor in hopes of a vaginal delivery (my preference).
If she doesn’t turn, they will perform a c-section.
We need to be to the hospital at 12:30 CST and the version is scheduled for 2:30 CST. Both Angie and Matthew will be there.
One of my sweet (in)courage friends emailed this to our group of writers, and I would be honored in you joining in her prayer:
“Lord we are all coming to you on behalf of our precious sister friend and this new life she is bringing into the world. Please keep them safe. Help the delivery to go well. Give the doctors extreme wisdom and tenderness as they seek to turn baby Adeline.
And give this precious Adeline a future full of turning this world upside down for you. May she be a bold woman of prayer, tenacity, and fearless representation of You. But, of course, help her to be sweet, submissive, and a good sleeper for her mommy. And all my Jesus girlfriends say, Amen!”
Yes, indeed. May our sweet Adeline turn the world upside down for the Lord.
If you have read this blog for a few years, you might remember Matthew and Angie posting lots of updates during my 34 hour labor with Elias. The plan is to do this again. It was fun for our family out of town and for many of you – and helped pass the time.
Here are the Elias videos if you want to laugh (I’m not positive they are in the right order, but I think this is right)
- Update from Matthew
- Teddy Grahams trail mix – I didn’t remember this one, but I have requested the trail mix again. And I bought Adeline a much smaller outfit to come home in since that RL outfit was too big.
- Update from Jessica – why did they let me do this video?
- Angie and Matthew– clearly they were having fun while I was miserable
- Final update from night one – with one of my midwives!
- Introducing Elias Jude – just minutes after birth
- Matthew, Jessica and Elias– day one
Matthew is going to try to post updates here on the blog. You can also follow him on Twitter for lots of updates.