Thinking About My Sweet Elias

by jessicaturner on June 11, 2011

It’s hard to imagine that in less than two weeks, we will be a family of FOUR.

No more just Matthew, Jessica and Elias.

This weekend we are making a point to do a few things as a family of THREE and spoil Elias with a bit of extra attention.

Lately we have been so caught up in preparing for the baby that we haven’t given him as much attention as normal. He has definitely picked up on the changes coming.

And so, I have been relishing in simple things.

Him running up to me saying Mommy, Mommy, Mommy – hi Adeline – as he pats my tummy.

Me thinking about the future and running my fingers through his hair as he sleeps.

Him coming up to Matthew and saying “poop” and then laughing. {why is poop so funny to boys}

Me tickling his soft belly as I change his diaper.

Him sitting next to me working on my laptop, as he plays on my iPad2.

Me writing his funny sayings in this book.

Him thanking God every night at dinner for Daddy, Mommy, Elias and Adeline – though she hasn’t even arrived yet.

Me praying words of hope into his life.

And while I know most of these things will still happen (minus the tummy patting), I know that things will still feel different.

So I am not taking for granted these moments, which will be etched in my mind forever.

Jackie Carl (Marion, IN) June 11, 2011 at 5:38 am

This is one of the sweetest posts I’ve ever read. It choked me up!
Blessings to you & your sweet family.
With love from Indiana.
Jackie

Kathy June 11, 2011 at 10:55 am

Jessica, such a sweet post!! One of the amazing things that will be different and that will melt your heart is seeing the love between your precious children!! Of course first it wil be Elias loving his sister but then as Adeline gets older it is amazing to watch the love of siblings!!! I cherish that with my three!!

Claire June 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm

How sweet. Such a wonderful season for you all.

Cxx

Therese June 11, 2011 at 6:32 pm

You are such a wonderful Mom, Jess. May these last days before sweet Adeline arrives be filled with many blessings for you, Matthew, and dear Elias. And may the blessings multiply after her arrival!

T xo

Helen June 11, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Precious moments. Everlasting memories. You’re so blessed, Jessice.

Amber June 11, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Just wanted to say that you are already a family of four:) as I’m sure you’re tummy has been telling you for a while:). But in my experience having the second is a big change – bigger than adding the third. Enjoy every second and remember to laugh when you feel like crying once in a while!!!!

Mom June 12, 2011 at 7:16 am

Jessica…….While you are thinking all these wonderful thoughts right now…..there are so many HAPPY thoughts ahead….it was the best years of my life watching the two of you together….and making the idea that “this is your sister Melissa and she is your best friend in the whole world” become job #1……..I think I did a really good job at that……. and even with the distance I couldn’t ask for closer girls…I love that. Now watch as Elias becomes the teacher for his little sister……its the BEST :)

Sharon June 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Jessica that was a beautiful post! I’m thinking of you so much as you count down these last couple of weeks until you see your beautiufl Adeline!!! Praying she will turn for you. Did you do lots of hand stands in the pool today?? :)
This s a really random question that I hope is ok that I ask you. But I remember when your sister got married you had pictures on here of the two of you and I LOVED both of your black and white dresses. Can you tell me where you got them?? Did you get them on line?? I’m going on a cruise in the fall and would love a formal dress to wear and I remember how beautiufl your dresses were. Thanks! As if you don’t have enough on your plate right now, then random people asking random questions :)

Blessings to you!

Sharon :)

Brooke June 12, 2011 at 8:50 pm

There is a strange feeling when things are about to change. We are on day 10 with number 2 in our lives and I still can’t put my finger on the feelings. Make sure you take the time to spend with Elias once you are home from hospital. They are still super precious moments.

Mikki McGehee June 13, 2011 at 12:15 am

Very sweet post!

and for the record, my daughter thinks “poop” is funny too. It’s just one of those words that makes kids giggle.

Becky June 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Too sweet. Loved this post!

gitz June 13, 2011 at 2:22 pm

i love the sweet picture in my mind of you running your fingers through his hair. i love that you really savor your moments, friend.

Liz June 14, 2011 at 11:05 am

poop is actually really funny to all of my kids…it’s just sooo funny especially at dinner time when it becomes the topic of conversation…yuck!!!! that poop!!!