Project Life Tuesday

by jessicaturner on June 7, 2011

Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica: wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a delicious almost 3-year-old, with another on the way, a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:

• I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
  • My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of my sweet Elias.
  • I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.

It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to do it all over again!

Each Tuesday, I do my best to post my pictures/journaling from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures. Please be sure to include the Project Life Tuesday button in your post.

Instead of pictures this week, I have a story for you.

As I have mentioned, my mom was here Thursday – Monday helping us with some organizing/cleaning projects to get our condo ready for listing (I think we are about there!) and prepare for Adeline.

She is not a fan of having her picture taken, but I convinced her to take a few with Elias before we took her to the airport last night.

I grabbed my camera by the strap and headed outside to our stone landing. For some reason, the camera strap came undone on one side, which totally scared me. I had it by the hanging strap and was attempting to grab the body, when the other side came undone as well and it BOUNCED on the ground.

My 40 D Canon Camera

With my new 50 mm 1.4 lens on it

I screamed words that should not be said on this blog.

You might remember I got my camera fixed a few weeks ago and paid about $250 to have it fixed.

You might also remember I am about to have a baby.

The camera says Err 99 now and won’t work.

Thankfully the lens got a small dent, but is fine.

My sweet mom had her rebel with her and left it here so we have it for Adeline.

I am trying to figure out if I should send it to Canon or another place that fixes Canons.

I cried and cried last night- thank you pregnancy hormones.

Needless to say, I was not in the mood or frame of mind to get my pictures together for Project Life Tuesday.

But, I still want to see YOUR pictures. Right now, In Linkz is down, but I will try to get the code added later, when the site is back up!

Gina June 7, 2011 at 7:05 am

So sorry to hear about your camera. I’m due any day now, and I would definately cry (and still be crying) if anything happened to my camera. I hope you get it fixed in time!

Shannon Hartman June 7, 2011 at 7:32 am

I’m so sorry! Thankful you have your mom’s there to snap the pictures you want but it still smarts! :)

Meg June 7, 2011 at 7:56 am

I had the same error message (complete with grinding noise) when I first got my rebel, six years ago. I took it in and was told that the problem was the memory card. They gave me a new one, and it works fine 99% of the time. I get the message on occasion now (two or three times a year) and I just take out the card, blow on it (like old nintendo games) and stick it back in. Just know, it doesnt save the picture that the error was on, so take it again. Hope this helps/it all works out.

Sarah K June 7, 2011 at 8:26 am

Oh, Jessica! I can only imagine the slow motion horror you experienced as it fell! As my mother in law so wisely said, “Sometimes in life there are just moments that require an Oh S**t!” I must admit that it tickled me slightly to picture you spewing off like a sailor, but I’m so sad for your camera. Praying you are able to be back snapping happily soon!

Jessica @ The Mom Creative June 7, 2011 at 9:51 am

the worst part is that Elias heard my sailor mouth… not my proudest moment!

Larissa June 7, 2011 at 8:52 am

Oh hun! As I was reading this I felt just as frustrated as you must have been! I am hoping for an easy fix for this – praying you’re snap happy shortly!! Hugs!!!

Kara S June 7, 2011 at 10:00 am

Oh wow that’s so sad about your camera!! I am so sorry. I hope it can be fixed for a small-enough charge. :(

Cecilia June 7, 2011 at 10:44 am

Oh no, I hope you can get it repaired. If not, I’m glad your mom has a rebel she could share!

gitz June 7, 2011 at 10:45 am

my heart sank when i saw this on twitter, but i am SO glad your mom was still there to leave hers. i was ready to get mine shipped to you…

Liz June 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm

oooohh no..that is sooo tough!!! that is sad…i remember when my camera was stolen out of my car…i cried for weeks and still get sad about it. it will get fixed and everything will work out in the end..it’s the moment that it’s not so fun to be in…right??? good luck to you and the camera

Cara June 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Oh I’m so sorry!!! What an awful feeling. I would have been swearing up a storm too, I’m certain!

Keshet Shenkar June 7, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Ugh, so sorry to hear that. Glad you at least have the Rebel, but so sorry!

Tara June 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm

You poor thing! Im glad you have your moms camera until you get yours fixed!!

Can’t wait to link up! 😉