Elias Meets Adeline

by jessicaturner on June 24, 2011

Elias met Adeline today.

"This is Adeline, can you say hi?"

He was so delighted.

He got her nose.

And tickled her toes.

"Hi Adeline"

He even wanted to hold her – but only for a minute, so we didn’t get a picture.

He was also very happy to see Mommy and Daddy.

Turner, family of four

And we were happy to see him too.

Can’t wait to be home together tomorrow! (I’m really sore and needing just a little more hospital care.)

Side note: My pretty hospital gown is a Hot Mama Gown. They sent it to me for review while I am in the hospital, and I must say I love it. I have gotten so many compliments and it just makes me feel pretty and ready for guests, despite wearing mesh panties underneath! :)

Laura P June 24, 2011 at 2:23 pm

So sweet. Also that is a great family picture. Memories to treasure.

Congratulations again.

Amy June 24, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Adorable pics! And I did notice your gown and love it!

Karo June 24, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Just precious! Congratulations to you all.

Therese June 24, 2011 at 2:25 pm

You look amazing, Jess! Love the pictures! God Bless!

Jackie Carl (Marion, IN) June 24, 2011 at 2:37 pm

These are great! You look great! Love the family of 4 picture.
Blessings to all of you!!

Rosie (NYC) June 24, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Beautiful picture of the four of you. Elias is going to be a wonderful big brother.

Love the gown. You look lovely! And those mesh panties rock! (at least I thought so 😉

Jessica Dye June 24, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Yall look beautiful!! Love the cute family of 4!
Random, what settings is your camera on? How in the heck are you getting such great pics in a hospital room?

jessicaturner June 25, 2011 at 7:44 am

canon 40 D with a 50 mm 1.4 lens. The lens + amazing natural light (I have a wall of windows) are why the shots are so lovely. :)

Sharon Allen June 24, 2011 at 2:44 pm

So precious! Thanks to both of you for being so gracious to allow everyone to enjoy this moment in your life. You make a beautiful family!!

Ana June 24, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Absolutely precious!!! Congratulations to you all!!!

Erin June 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Jessica! She is so beautiful and just perfect! Congrats to your adorable family of four. So so happy for you!

Jessica Holmes June 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Too cute! Perfect family of 4 now!

Heather b June 24, 2011 at 3:13 pm

What a sweet introduction!!!! He is going to be a great big brother!!!

And I will be rockin the meshies come January so I better get a cute gown to make up for those!!!!!

Laura Anne June 24, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I didn’t even twig it was a gown in the first pics – it’s gorgeous! Hope you heal quickly. Beautiful pics of the Turner Family of Four!!

James Williams June 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I have had the crappiest day. Stuff broke at work, and lots of finger-pointing ensued, much of it unfairly in my direction. Made me really sour, probably for the rest of the day.

Then I saw this, and none of that mattered. These pictures are 100% guaranteed to brighten up the day of anyone who sees them, no matter how crappy their day has been. Thanks for sharing them. I know you didn’t put these pics up for me, but they are exactly what I needed. God bless you guys.

(For what it’s worth, the 2nd one is my favorite)

Elizabeth June 24, 2011 at 3:36 pm

So precious! You look absolutely amazing! What a treasure :)

Kathleen June 24, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Beautiful! I am happy for your family. Doesn’t it rock not being pregnant anymore?! Girl, I told you to bring your own underwear. Those mesh panties are interesting. Of course, I had a C-Section, and the incision did not take kindly to the material. Glad you you did not end up having a c-section, and I know you are glad as well.
Love,
Maggie’s Mom

kelli johnson June 24, 2011 at 3:51 pm

that’s awesome :) I love it!

Ginny June 24, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Beautiful, precious pictures! Thanks for sharing these sweet moments! Congratulations to your sweet family of four!

Laurie June 24, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Beautiful family! Little Adeline is precious. Love the name, btw! My favorite granny in the whole wide world was named Rosa Adeline.

Amy June 24, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I noticed your gown first thing and thought “Why didn’t I get a pretty one?”. I LOVE IT!

Deidrea June 24, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Such AMAZING moments; such a precious time!! I remember introducing our 23 month old (at the time!) to her new brother and I cried tears of joy..such a special time! Thanks so much for sharing these intimate and special moments!! And you DO look amazing!! So glad you are loving the gown and feeling like a celebrated, beautiful Mama, instead of a hospital patient!!

Kristin Smith June 24, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Beautiful family!! Take good care of yourselves…I don’t miss the mesh panties one bit!! haha!!

ashley June 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

congrats! the gown looks great and your family is adorable!! congrats!!

Stacey June 24, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Hot Mama indeed!

And a most precious family! May God bless you with the sweetest moments this week, and each one that follows!

Patricia/nyc June 24, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Beautiful family of four!! That last picture is just awesome!
You look gorgeous!!
Congrats, again!! :)

Ruthie June 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Lovely family! Congratulations…Adeline is adorable :)

Gussy Sews June 24, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Jessica, so excited for your new family of four! You are so beautiful!!!!!!!!! Your daughter is so beautiful ~ congratulations xoxo

Sarah K June 24, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Ok, that first photo makes my heart so happy. Congrats to you all. She is just so gorgeous and I love the look on Elias’s face! Way to go Jess!!

Barbie June 25, 2011 at 1:41 am

These pictures are adorable!

Jacki June 25, 2011 at 8:30 am

Jessica – your family of four is perfect and beautiful. Congratulaitons on your newest blessing – she is so precious. Thank you for sharing yourself and your family with your readers – I feel like I am an extended family member who has enjoyed reading & watching as you prepared for Adeline. God Bless!

Leila June 25, 2011 at 9:24 am

Congrats!! Your family is so beautiful and Elias and Adeline look so perfect!

Ruthie June 25, 2011 at 10:19 am

Congratulations to you, Matthew and Elias! Adeline is beautiful and I know she has been much anticipated! My sister just had her second on the 20th and her 1st is also 2. So, your special news hits close to home! Enjoy getting to know your sweet girl.

sl June 25, 2011 at 11:40 am

Precious! He seeems so gentle with her. I know he will be the BEST big brother. Congratulations to your precious family. Love the photo of you 4!

momoffour June 25, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Glad you are dressing Adeline in soft cute clothes instead of the nasty harsh ones from the hospital. She looks so adorable and comfy. Hope you heal quickly! You are blessed.

Kristina June 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm

You all look amazing…especially you, Jessica!
Congrats on beautiful Miss Adeline and yes, the mesh undies are memorable.

Jennifer O. June 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Beautiful family! Congratulations!

Brooke June 26, 2011 at 8:14 am

Congrats Turner family of 4! It’s fun to say isn’t it. I have found our recent “family of 4” status makes me feel so old! Love the photos, it really looks like Elias is delighted with his new little sister. You look great! We miss out on the mesh underwear here in Australia – a good thing I’m guessing = )

aubien June 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Congratulations Turners! What a blessing. And I love Elias’s big brother shirt!

lunalovesshoes June 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

What a beautiful family!! Absolutely precious. Congratulations again!

Anne Blackburn June 26, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Such beautiful, beautiful pictures. Just awesome – so excited for your family of four! Hope you are feeling well, and enjoying your time now at home together! Think of you, all, often!! :) Can’t wait for more pictures. p.s. headbands are best, huh?

Ashleigh Baker June 27, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Oh, Jess – this is the most precious moment of motherhood, I think. Introducing your babies to each other. I remember being so full of mama-love I could hardly breathe.

She’s so beautiful. You make a perfect little family of four.

Love to all of you…

Nicole @Team Pipkin June 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Oh what a sweet little blessing! Congrats on your new baby girl! the comment about the mesh panties made me laugh. too funny. but your gown is so pretty.

Cara June 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Such wonderful pictures! I couldn’t wait to get home after my daughter was born — they offered me the opportunity to go home about 10 hours after she was born, and I almost took it, but I’m glad I stayed the night:) But by morning I was ready to go. HOWEVER, with a toddler at home, I bet I’d stay as long as they’d let me:) I’ve heard second (and third and fourth;) time moms say that time in the hospital is such a lovely break, nursing a baby, having food brought to you, and not having to care for anyone else. Not sure where all the pain and recovery factors into that though:)
Sweet Adeline is so very adorable. And Sweet Adeline is the name of a bakery here, so every time I pass it now, I’ll be thinking of her:)

dawn June 28, 2011 at 6:52 am

Congrats on your new arrival, she is so pretty. I love the photos of her and big brother. Sending prayers and feel good wishes to you. Enjoy these first few weeks while you can and take lots of photos. HUGS Dawn

Cindy June 28, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Congratulations! You’re family is so picture perfect=) Adeline is very cute and the two look so adorable, Elias looks so delighted. I remember my daughters excitement and delight the first time she saw her brother, she immediately rush to her baby brother and give it a kiss and big hug.

Lulu July 1, 2011 at 12:32 am

Congratulations to you and your now family of four! She’s gorgeous! :) God bless!

AnnJanette Toth July 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Congratulations Turner family! The Lord has blessed you! I say those HOT MAMA gowns on SHARK TANK!