Birth Announcements: How I Saved A Lot of Money

by jessicaturner on June 16, 2011

When Elias was born, I made his birth announcements and hand wrote about 200 addresses.

This time around I decided to simplify – and save time and money in the process.

I have everything ready to go to take care of Adeline’s birth announcements right away (click here for the update on her positioning and expected delivery date). I think this will make things really easy when our sweet girl arrives.

Here’s what I did – and how I saved lots of money.

Our Photo Stamps

50% off Photo Stamps
I ordered custom stamps of my belly with our hands on it, along with the words “she’s here!”. I saved big on these stamps by ordering 50% off gift certificates from Zazzle this past fall from One Kings Lane – $25 for $50 worth of product. I love Zazzle photo stamps. Thanks to some OKL credits, I didn’t pay a dime for these gift certificates. With shipping, 120 stamps cost me about $10!

$100 worth of Announcements for $30
I bought two Mixbook gift certificates from Groupon – $15 for $50 worth of product. These two gift certificates will cover all the announcements. Like with OKL, I was able to use some Groupon credits I had saved so I didn’t pay anything for these gift certificates. (Thanks to each of you who have clicked on my referral links!)

Address Labels
I also have worked hard to digitize our address book. I then printed all of our addresses on labels, so they are ready to go. We had the labels, so this didn’t cost me anything.

Key lesson: Take advantage of flash deals – they really CAN save you BIG!

Now Adeline just needs to come so we can share the news of her arrival with our loved ones!

gitz June 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm

i love those stamps… so sweet.

Jessica @ The Mom Creative June 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I thought I accidentally threw them away this morning – after the post went live I went to find them and couldn’t. #awesome. After about 20 minutes, I found them. :) #pregnancybrain

Nikki June 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Your energy and multi-tasking continues to impress me. If I was working, raising a toddler, pregnant, getting ready to move, writing a blog, etc. I don’t know that I’d find the time to digitize my address book and put announcements together BEFORE my 2nd baby was born. Wow. Now I’m convinced you’re Supermom :)

Jessica @ The Mom Creative June 16, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Does it make you feel better that I started the project BEFORE I got pregnant with Adeline? Seriously. I’m not supermom.

Raina June 18, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Thanks for the tips! I’m due with my first baby on 6/27 and I saw this at the perfect time. Today’s Groupon was for Mixbook! Yeah, I may have shouted hallelujah at 6 am while surfing my iphone in the bed! I bought 2 groupons, earned a $10 credit (since I did it on my mobile device), and have more than enough money for announcements and a photo book at the little boy arrives. Boo Ya!

jessicaturner June 19, 2011 at 10:08 am