This weekend I wanted to do a mini photo shoot of Elias. With how I have been feeling lately due to my pregnancy, picture taking hasn’t really been happening.
But the weather was beautiful and the outfit I wanted Elias to wear was on the brink of being too small (and it still had the tags on it), so off we went to the park.
Here are five reasons why I love doing mini photo shoots:
- You always get at least one awesome picture – and usually more than that!
- It is a chance to play with your camera’s settings. I love messing with the white balance and ISO.
- The only way you become a better photographer is by taking a lot of pictures.
- You capture some new photos to send to the grandparents – or at least post on Facebook!
- Mini photo shoots don’t take long to do (usually 15-20 minutes), but the results are always worthwhile. After all, you can never have too many photos of your child.
Take time to do a mini photo shoot this week! You will be happy you did.
(Oh, and since someone is bound to ask, I shot all my photos with a Canon 40D and a 50 mm 1.4 lens. The photo I posted is unedited, mostly because it is all I can do to get my photos uploaded.(This is true for most of the photos I post.) That’s why shooting on the right setting makes a big difference to me – I don’t spend much time playing in Lightroom!).