$40 in FREE photo products – Good Through Sunday

by jessicaturner on May 4, 2011

Paper Coterie is a new photo book and gift site that is celebrating its grand opening today.

To celebrate, anyone can use a $40 credit with the code OPENHOUSE. Shipping is not included and this is good through TODAY ONLY FRIDAY, MAY 6 Sunday, May 8 (they extended the promo!). If you don’t have time to make a full photo book, you could easily make a photo journal or other fun photo keepsakes that only requires a single photo.

A few weeks ago they did their beta test with some bloggers, and I received a photo book from them for free.

It is amazing! (View my book here)

Here’s what I love:

• The cover has a matte finish.
  • You can basically edit anything within the provided designs – something that most photo book websites (ie Snapfish and Shutterfly) do not offer. Don’t like the one photo template? Just add more photos. Need to move the text? Easy. LOVE THIS FEATURE.
  • The designs are really original.
  • The site is easy to use.
  • The presentation (when you receive your package) is awesome- the packaging and little extras make the company really stand out.

So I would encourage you to go check them out and use that credit. Who doesn’t like free? :)

I think I am going to make a Halloween photo book of Elias from this past year – photos of him in his costume, the pumpkin patch, etc. since I never did anything with them.

What are you going to make?

THURSDAY UPDATE: I just completed my order (it is 7 am CST). I started a Halloween book yesterday, which I finished this morning, and I made a birdcage journal. The total was $44 before the discount. When the discount was applied, as well as shipping, my total was $20 ($16 for shipping). I almost didn’t add the journal, but I still would have paid $9 for shipping, and I really loved the journal I made. You can order less than or exactly $40 in product, but you will still pay the $9 shipping. It looks like anything over $40 will result in $16 in shipping fees.
I recommend becoming a fan of Paper Coterie on Facebook. Their responses to site kinks have been quick and impressive.
FRIDAY UPDATE: I thought you may enjoy seeing the books I made with my voucher:

Halloween Book: Click here

Birdcage Journal: Click here

SUNDAY UPDATE: From the Paper Coterie Facebook page: The OPENHOUSE code expires on Sunday night at midnight. For all you folks who have been so patient with us during the past few days, we want to make sure we take care of you. If your account is created before the expiration on Sunday night, you’ll receive an email on Monday with a new coupon code. That new code will be valid through May 13.

The OPENHOUSE code expires on Sunday night at midnight. For all you folks who have been so patient with us during the past few days, we want to make sure we take care of you. If your account is created before the expiration on Sunday night, you’ll receive an email on Monday with a new coupon code. That new code will be valid through February 13.

Carole Turner May 4, 2011 at 6:40 am

Jess, I love the photo book….tfs

Amber Greuel May 4, 2011 at 7:01 am

I order a lot of photo books and am happy to see this new site. After work today, I will devote some time to making a book or two. Thanks for posting!

Anne May 4, 2011 at 9:17 am

I love it! I love the growth charts especially! Unfortunately their site isn’t working. :( Every time I click on anything in their site it just turns the site grey but won’t let me go into any further detail. Bummer. Hopefully they get it fixed by the end of day.

Dana J May 4, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I’m having the same problem. I will try again when I get home from work hopefully it will be working then.

Jessica Turner May 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I know they have been working hard to accommodate the crazy traffic that have received today. Be patient. I know people have been creating products successfully! :)

Kristin May 4, 2011 at 11:17 am

Great promo and awesome site! Was a little slow this morning, but was able to get it to work to make 2 ABC book’s and only paid $8.61 for shipping on both. :)

Jennifer May 4, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I am trying to make something now…one of the swatchbooks! I am so excited, however, I clicked the “make the product” and it was taking forever to load and now just has a gray box! Does anyone know what I can do? I have never seen a website this cute!

Jessica Turner May 4, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I would leave a message on Facebook or do their live chat. They have been responsive to both today!

Karen May 4, 2011 at 9:32 pm

It’s been frustrating to create anything. Like the others I get the big gray box. It’s 9:30pm CT so I thought maybe the site wouldn’t be as busy now but I did the chat and was told it’s really busy now. Maybe I’ll try early in the morning. At least we have until midnight on Friday. I think the journals will make great high school graduation books! Thanks for sharing this deal with us Jessica!

Jessica Turner May 5, 2011 at 6:35 am

When I posted this deal, I hadn’t seen it on any other websites. This morning, I saw it on a ton of frugal blogs, so I think that significantly impacted traffic. Be patient… I had no problem this morning completing the book I started yesterday!

Cara May 4, 2011 at 10:40 pm

What a cute site! I am making one of the ABC books for my daughter and also making a journal called “Conversations with Brooklyn” to jot down all the funny things she says throughout the day. I put them on Facebook and my blog as they happen, but I always love having things written down in a book too:)

becca May 5, 2011 at 7:10 am

I just saw the book, Jessica! It’s gorgeous! Yesterday I know it was busy so I just held off and checked today. It’s really beautiful, great job!

Amber Greuel May 5, 2011 at 7:37 am

I ordered two hardcover books and my total was $58 before the discount…I only paid the $9 for shipping. I guess I got lucky…

Jessica Turner May 5, 2011 at 9:12 am

Lucky duck 😉 Must be a location thing

Beth May 5, 2011 at 8:33 am

Almost ready to place my order $35 before discount code. Shipping: $18.83. Not sure if I did something wrong or what, but I didn’t see $9 shipping anywhere.

Jessica Turner May 5, 2011 at 9:12 am

My guess is it has to do with where you live, since it is FedEx. :)

Cara May 5, 2011 at 10:09 am

I made some significant progress on my book last night, though uploading pictures is a pain, since it took me away from my project every time and would have to reload it all. Then the site started giving me error messages. I’m back at it this morning, though it seems like it’s busier again — at 1 am Pacific time it was loading everything well;) I guess I’ll just have to try again in the middle of the night tonight:)

Tracy May 5, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I just finished live chat. They are adding 2 more servers right now. They will extend coupon code to Sunday night. So, girlies!! RELAX! We have the gift of time! :)

Nikki May 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Tracy for the update (and thanks Jessica!) — that’s great news about the coupon extension. I didn’t know if I’d have time to create a book tonight after work. I glanced quickly at their website & I love all of their products. It’s so nice having another option in the photo book market.

Carol H. May 5, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this, and about the extension. It was so frustrating yesterday that I gave up trying to create something.

Your book turned out cute!

Cara May 5, 2011 at 6:22 pm

They were super fast to reply to a chat message late last night – very impressed so far with how they’ve handled all this crazy site stuff.
Looking forward to getting my stuff finished:)

Christie May 6, 2011 at 12:08 am

I made a journal and the Polaroid heart collage. I’m excited! I love photo projects and decided to finally do a couple for me. Thank you!

Samantha May 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Thanks for this tip, Jessica! For anyone having problems with the site being slow – do be patient! I was unsuccessful several times when I first tried but I gave it a rest for a while and when I came back to it everything was fixed and working beautifully. It’s actually really quick!

Bridget Morelli May 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Thanks for the code Jessica! Made a coil bound family book and a journal. Can’t wait to get them!