Here’s a bit of a run-down/tour:
- No more Blogger– this blog is now on WordPress. I am using the Standard theme. My designers are Jessica and Neil from Kohler Created. I can’t recommend them enough. (Clearly, I am not the only one because I think their wait list is a few months long. While the old URL will redirect to www.themomcreative.com, I would be grateful if you would update the links on your blog to reflect this new domain. I think it will help those Google bots.
- Comments – To make a long story short, if you are on Blogger and use Disqus it is challenging to get your comments to migrate over to WordPress. (Challenging is the nicest word I can use). So, all the comments from Dec. 2009 – this past week did not transfer. After some crying, I let it go. Comment a lot for the next few weeks and we won’t even notice. 🙂
- New tagline – a life well-crafted. I LOVE it. It came to me at 2:30 am during one of my middle of the night bathroom breaks. I wrote it on a piece of toilet paper because that is all I had in the bathroom. Ha! 🙂 I now have a little notebook in there.
- Navigation and categories – I heard many of you loud and clear when you indicated that you wanted the site to have categories to easily find topics. I am REALLY excited about this change. Part of the back-end work for me is to tag close to 2,000 posts for the right category… needless to say this is not going to happen over-night. Please be patient.
- The birds – Speaking of categories, each of the birds represents a category, so you can easily tell the category that the post falls into (however, if the post falls into more than one category (ie: memory keeping/photo deals + frugal living/deals), only one bird will show up). Yellow = Faith; Red = Crafting; Blue = Family; Brown = Miscellany; Green = Frugal living
- Search bar– While Blogger provided a search bar, many folks found it hard to use. The new search bar (located on the right-hand side, beneath my photo) should make things easier.
- Subscribe – Now you can easily receive The Mom Creative in your inbox. Just add your email address to the yellow bar beneath the logo. I love receiving my favorite blogs in my inbox.
I think that’s everything!
Let me know if you have any questions/feedback. This has been a labor of love and I am so excited this is launched.