Project Life Tuesday

by jessicaturner on April 12, 2011

So this isn’t the regular Project Life Tuesday – again. I mean, you can still link up, I just don’t have my photos together.

But you know what?

I am okay with that.

Elias and I went to Wisconsin Friday- last night and had a wonderful time with my family.

I took hundreds of photos.

And they are all still on my card, along with a second card that it MIA – probably in a purse somewhere in my house.

Last night, Matthew trumped Project Life Tuesday. We snuggled on the couch and watched a show together. It was perfect.

I planned to get up early to get my pictures together and write this post, but instead, I stayed in bed a while longer, listening to the rain and the birds, praying for today – my first day at my new job!

I think this non-guilt for not having this post “perfect” comes as a result of me reading a pre-release of Good Enough Is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood, and if you are a professional working-mom, I would encourage you to pre-order this book. The research and insights are liberating.

Here’s the book trailer:

I don’t have to be perfect.

And neither do you.

For those of you who are on the ball, link up your Project Life photos below. Feel free to link your posts from last week too.

I gotta go get ready for my big day!

Rene' Sharp April 12, 2011 at 11:51 am

Good luck for your first day in your new job. I am SURE it will be great!!

becca April 12, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I can’t wait to read that book! Praying that you have a fabulous day.

Patricia April 12, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I like your “new perfect” Jessica! Have a great day today!

Angela April 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I don’t blame you one bit, blogging should be fun, not another TO DO! If you ever need a guest to post for you I would be happy to help you out! I enjoy your blog so much.

I will be praying for you, I know first days can be nerve wracking! But I know you will do great!

Angela

Claire April 12, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Best of luck for the big day!

Cxx

Suzanne McClendon April 19, 2011 at 12:54 am

I hope that everything works out great with your new job and with the new baby.

I remember those comments well. I’m short…4′ 10.75”…and I think when I was pregnant, I must have been at least 6 feet around by the end. There was only one baby in there for me, too, but I felt like I was going to deliver Shamu. :)

You’re in my prayers!