Several of you have written and said things like:
- I miss your regular posts. Hope you feel better soon.
- Are you still doing Project Life Tuesday?
- Are you still feeling sick?
The answers are thank you, yes but barely (as you can tell) and yes, very much so.
I cry pretty much every day.
I’m crying now.
This pregnancy has been really hard for me. I’m so thankful for those of you who have said, I have been there. I get it. because I feel like I don’t have many real life friends who get how really hard life is right now. It’s not their fault. They just are fortunate to have never been sick like this during their pregnancies.
I have a family +
I work full-time outside the house in a demanding job (that I love, but that doesn’t make it much easier) +
It’s Christmas – the busiest time of the year +
My house is in chaos and my laundry is out of control +
I am throwing up four times a day most days and have been since the beginning of November.
I keep reminding myself:
- Other people have harder pregnancies and harder stories (like sweet Scarlette).
- You aren’t losing weight despite the massive amount of throwing up you are doing (probably due to all the Sprite I am drinking).
- God is with me.
- The mess will wait.
- Drink more water.
- Elias will still turn out okay if he watches another movie.
- My mom did it. I can do it too. (She was sick the whole nine months with my sister. I pray every day that I didn’t get that gene.)
THANK YOU for sticking with me and forgiving:
- the lack of meaty posts
- the quick deal posts because they are sometimes all the energy I have.
- the Project Life Tuesdays are often late and without pictures.
- the lack of pictures in general (Check out some great ones of Elias on Matthew’s Daddy Blog.)
Please pray that this sickness ends soon. (I am 12 weeks and 2 days). Also pray for Matthew who has been so patient and picked up the slack BIG time. He gets the award for Dad and Husband of the Year.
Thank you for allowing me to be transparent (and emotional). Just keeping it real.
I’m done crying.