You might remember me sharing that I was invited to be a part of a roundtable discussion with Liberty Mutual’s Responsibility Project about the idea of celebrity worship.
It was a fascinating discussion with Ellie from One Crafty Mother, Laura from Hollywood Housewife and Susan from Get Good. The discussion was led by Dr. Janet Taylor, who you might have seen on The Today Show, Good Morning America, or on a host of other shows (she was amazing).
The final cut was just posted and I am excited to share it here.
In actuality, the five of us talked for more than an hour – not five minutes – and we could have talked for hours more.
|Behind the scenes at the shoot|
Today I would like to continue the conversation we started earlier this month and was continued on film. Even if you normally aren’t a commenter, delurk today. I would love this to be a really open, candid, honest discussion. Please feel free to also leave a comment on The Responsibility Project site.
- Are celebrities addictive?
- Do you get invested in celebrities?
- If you have older kids, have you seen them try to model celebrities?
- Do you talk to your kids about celebrities/tv shows/what they see and read?
- How can you find teachable moments in the every day, as it relates to celebrities and the media?
- Ellie talked about demystifying, which I loved. How do you demystify?
- How do you model responsibility with your kids?
- How do we grapple with all of this as people of faith? (I’m going to be writing about this topic in particular on (in)courage in October and would love your thoughts as I work on my post.)
Later this week I am going to be doing a review/giveaway of the Elmo potty I mentioned in the film, so be sure to check back.