I have always read a lot in the summer. I thought it would be fun to share a few of the books currently on my summer reading list.
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery – Matthew bought me this book and I wasn’t sure if i would like it, but I am loving it. The heroine is an 11-year-old-girl in 1950s England. Totally awesome. 🙂
- My Lobotomy – a memoir about a man whose step-mother forced him to have a lobotomy and the way it affected his life. Really fascinating.
- The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith – I am reading this book in my women’s group.
- The Happiness Project: Or Why I spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean my Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle and Generally Have More Fun. – I love the concept of the book and look forward to diving in to it.
- Little Bee – I know nothing about this book except it was a bestseller and has an amazing cover. (You know you judge books by their covers too!)
- The Dead Janitors Club: Pathetically True Tales of a Crime Scene Cleanup King – Since I love Dexter, I think I will really enjoy this memoir, which just released last month*
Elias has been enjoying:
- Elmo and Friends Look and Find books These are like Where’s Waldo for toddlers – he loves them and can find everything.
- Mama, Is It Summer Yet? – Beautiful illustrations and such a neat story*
- Because I am Your Daddy– Matthew loves reading Elias this book*
- Barnyard Dance – Elias wants to read this book EVERY day at school
- That’s Not My Dragon – Elias still LOVES the Not My series.
I have been tracking my reading all year. You can check out the list here.
What are you reading this summer?
Disclosure: compensated affiliate links used. Starred books were sent to me for review, but it was my choice to link them.