Tomorrow I turn 28.
For some reason, 28 seems a lot older than 27.
I know. A lot of you are laughing at me – or at least smirking.
Things about me right now:
– I am first and foremost a wife to Matthew and a mommy to Elias. They are the biggest loves of my life.
– I am a senior account executive and online strategist at Lovell Communications. I love what I do every day – especially working on branding strategy and collateral development.
– I love my family and talk with them every day.
– I believe we are commanded to love God and love people. It is that easy.
– I am grateful for my community of friends.
– I love to take photos and my new Canon 40D delights me every time I pick it up.
– My favorite store is Target.
– Reading continues to be one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I mostly read fiction and historical fiction is my favorite genre. I also enjoy reading Christian growth books and co-running the Bloom Book Club with Angie.
– I write lists every day, but rarely complete everything on them.
– I love taking pictures every day.
– I am passionate about scrapbooking and believe in the importance of words+photos.
– My favorite foods are steak and twice-baked potatoes. I also love Matthew’s homemade chicken pot pie and chicken soup, and my mom’s lasagna.
– I hate exercise, but really need to start getting active.
– I love finding a good deal and buy a lot of Groupons. My Christmas shopping is 75% done thanks to my deal-finding skills and year-round shopping habit.
– I usually have too much on my plate.
– I have migraines almost every day, but I am able to function most days.
– I love to cook and bake. The Cake Doctor is my favorite recipe book and the crock pot is my favorite appliance.
– I love anything peanut butter and chocolate.
– I love reusable bags.
– Most days I drive our 2004 Suburu Forester. We still also have my 2003 VW bug and I love it.
– My favorite holidays are Christmas and the 4th of July.
– I love writing for (in)courage. It is a huge blessing.
– I am thankful for the opportunities that this blog has brought to my life and for the people who read it every day (like you!). I don’t take it for granted.
– I am excited about the next year!
I plan to turn this post into a little scrapbook page – a time capsule of this moment!