One week from right now I will be on a plane for heading to the Dominican Republic with World Vision.
I can’t believe it is almost here. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were dreaming about the trip!
I am so honored and humbled to have this opportunity. We received our schedule for next week and the schedule is packed. I am really excited to share all that we will learn and experience.
If I am truly honest, I also feel a little overwhelmed with all that I have to do this week.
- Pack myself (I did start packing this weekend, so that’s good)
- Pack Elias
- Write a long list of routines/need to know info about Elias
- Gather up the packages for all the children you sponsored
- Prepare to be out of the office for a week
Plus, then I have all the other “regular” stuff I would like to do this week:
- Family responsibilities
- Blog posts
- Finish my Week in the Life album
- Watch more Dexter (my new favorite show. Totally addicting!)
Though we don’t know each other personally, may I ask for your help? What can you do? Well, here are a few simple things:
- Most importantly – Pray! Please pray for our team and our travels, for the people of the Dominican Republic and for the people that have and may choose to sponsor children.
- Pray about sponsoring a child in the Dominican Republic or somewhere else around the world.
- Follow the World Vision team on Twitter. Twitter is a great way to get to know the team. (and if you tweet about the trip, use the hashtag #WVinDR)
- Follow The Mom Creative on Facebook so you don’t miss a post
- Check out the other bloggers’ blogs: Mommy Snacks, Bargain Briana, Diaper Diaries, Oh Amanda and Jesus Needs New PR and add them to your bookmarks or feeds.
Thank you for joining me on this journey.