Craftiness has brought so much joy to my life. My craftiness tends to focus on scrapbooking, but my taste in creative blogs is much broader. I probably have more than 100 scrapbooking and creative blogs in my reader. Today I thought it would be fun to share my top ten creative blogs – five people I know and five people I wish I knew:
Real Life Crafty Friends
• Lisa Leonard – her famous jewelry is to die for. (To say Angie and I are obsessed would be an understatement). What’s better than her jewelry? Her. She is as sweet as she is talented. Love her.
• Lindsey Cheney – Though I have loved her poppies for a long time, I didn’t start reading Lindsey’s blog until after meeting her at Blissdom. I love her heart, her sensibilities, her decorating style- and her fabric covered notebooks, which she can’t keep in stock! Spend ten minutes on her blog. You will be hooked.
• Danielle, The Design Girl – Danielle has been such a blessing in my life! She is the talent behind the look of The Mom Creative, and also creates fabulous digital scrapbooking kits. She took a leap of faith and moved to Chicago recently. You’ll love her photography and the amazing giveaways she hosts all the time. (And if you need a blog redesign, she can help with that too!)
• Maggie Whitley aka “Gussy”: I met Maggie at Blissdom and am the proud owner of one of her famous Gussy ruffled laptop bags. She is as sweet as she is talented. She inspires me to want ruffles on everything.
• The Nester: If you have never been on my friend The Nester’s home decor blog, you are missing out. You will be inspired to declutter, thrift shop and make things more beautiful in your home. I want to sell our condo and move into a little bigger place just so I can go thrift shopping and decorate more like her!
Wishful Crafty Friends
• Disney at Ruffles and Stuff – I stumbled on Disney’s blog not too long ago, but I was immediately hooked. She makes sewing look easy, does lots of tutorials and is oh so cute!
• Amanda Soule at SouleMama – I love her sewing projects (even though I barely sew) and her outlook on life. Truly and inspiration.
• Elizabeth Kartchner – I love her scrapbooking style, great photos and Anthropologie style. She is delightful – and her playlists are always fabulous.
• Stephanie Howell – We sort of know each other through the scrapbooking world, but we don’t REALLY know each other, you know? I wish we did. I think we would be good friends. We would definitely love scrapbooking together. Her style is my style. I love her heart and talent- and her girls are two of the cutest I have ever seen!
• Rachel Denbow – Another scrapbooking world, sorta of know each other, connection, Rachel is crazy talented, a sewing and paper crafting muse. You will quickly fall in love with her.
A Few Extras Worth Checking Out
• Dollar Store Crafts – okay, so some of the projects on here are cheesy, but others are brillant. Bookmark this site and when you want some inspiration, you will find it
• The DIY Showoff – There are so many fun, do it yourself projects on this blog. I can easily get lost it in.
• Things We Make – This blog shows off other crafty bloggers and the things they make.
What are your favorite crafty blogs?