Matthew’s latest book, Hear No Evil: My Story of Innocence, Music, and the Holy Ghost releases tomorrow. I am so excited about it. Here is why I love this book so much:
- I think it is Matthew’s most well-written book to date (and I think it is #17, so that is saying something!). The sentences are tight, the humor is genius and the stories are memorable.
- Actually, the humor deserves its own bullet because this book is funny. I am not a laugh-out-loud kind of person when I read, but I found myself laughing throughout the book.
- I think Hear No Evil will appeal to everyone – Christians and non-Christians alike. It is totally the kind of book you could give to anyone and they would enjoy it.
- The chapters are individual stories, making it an easy book to pick-up, read, put-down, pick-up, read etc. As a busy mom who doesn’t have a lot of time to read, I love books like this.
- Music is the common thread that ties each story in Hear No Evil together. Who doesn’t love music? On the back of the book it says, “every life has a soundtrack.” I LOVE that because it is so true. I can remember stories from my life that all have to do with music – lip syncing to Paula’s Abdul’s Straight Up in 1987 and winning my school’s lip sync contest, my first musical theater experience, my first prom song, Roll Out the Barrel at UW football games, etc.
- It’s not too long. Some memoirs go on and on, but Hear No Evil’s 225 page-length is perfect.
Living with the author has a few perks – like I get to give away FIVE copies of Hear No Evil! YAY! I will announce the winners on Friday.
For your first entry, leave a comment with a memory about music in your life. It doesn’t have to be long. (ie: My favorite singers in the 80s were Paula Abdul, Madonna and Amy Grant.)
For additional entries:
* Follow me on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway using this tweet: Love music? @JessicaNTurner is giving away 5 copies of @jesusneedsnewpr’s latest book Hear No Evil http://su.pr/1q0fY9 (pls RT) (include your Twitter handle in your comment)
* Become a public follower of The Mom Creative (if you are a follower already, that counts too!)
* Subscribe to The Mom Creative using a reader like netvibes, google reader, etc.
* Become a fan of The Mom Creative on Facebook.
* Enter my Rodan+Fields skincare giveaway on my giveaway page.
* Buy Hear No Evil
Disclosure: I was not paid to do this review. Since I live with Matthew Paul Turner, I obviously received a pre-released copy of Hear No Evil. The thoughts in this post are my own. Compensated affiliate links are used in this post.