First off – Happy New Year!! I hope your year is off to a great start.
Now that I have had my iphone for a few months, I thought I would share some of my favorite apps. Most of these apps are free or less than $2.99.
- Tweetie- I love this twitter app
- Facebook- totally easy to use
- AroundMe- I love using this when I am traveling to find out what is nearby
- PhoneFlicks- Netflix for your phone
- Shazam – Identifies music that you hear playing, but don’t know what it is
- iPeriod – one of you recommended this, and seriously, it rocks. If you are a woman, buy it. Definitely worth the 2.99
- Amazon- my favorite online shopping site on my phone. I love that I can take a picture on my phone using the app and it will find it on Amazon
- Southwest- my favorite airline has an app!
- Bump – Great for sharing stuff between iphones
- Kindle for iPhone
- Best Camera- all the best camera apps combined into one
- ShakeItPhoto- turns photos into poloroid pictures
- Photoshop – edits iphone images
- Shutterfly- I love that I can download my shutterfly pics to my phone. Genius.
While I have never been a video game person, I have found a few games I enjoy on the iphone. Spending several days with my mom at the hospital in November caused my sister and I to search out some iphone/ipod touch entertainment. Here’s what we found.
- Spikey – seriously addicted to this game. The concept is simple. Use the spikey ball to break the glass jars with butterflies in them. Free all the butterflies in the allotted shots per level. Pay for the full version.
- Rat on the Run
- Labyrinth 3D- almost as good as the real thing.
- wurdle- a fun word game
- PacMan lite – what can I say? I am a child of the 80s.
- Where’s Waldo- I love Waldo
- ArcadeBowl – always my favorite arcade game. I recommend buying the full version.
Elias loves our iphones as much as we do. We have found a few great games that he really enjoys.
- I Hear Ewe- This does animal sounds for various animals. Elias LOVES it.
- Hatch- Simple concept – the toddler taps a big egg and an animal hatches.
- Voice cards- great variety of flash cards
- Balloon lite- Makes balloon animals when you blow into and shake your iphone. Elias gets so tickled by it
- Matching Zoo- Cute matching game
- Color shaker – Simple color mixing app
Do you use any of these apps? What else should I be using on a regular basis?