October (in)courage: Fighting Being Still

by jessicaturner on October 16, 2009

My life is extremely busy. It always has been. I received my first planner in fourth grade. It was 8.5×11, Baby Sitters Club themed and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I wrote things like “Stacy’s birthday party” and “school play” in it. I loved having activities to write in that planner.

Fast forward 20 years. While, I still use a paper planner today, it is a lot fuller than my Baby Sitter’s Club one. Now it is filled with meetings, doctors appointments, lunch dates with friends, travel plans and more. All of that doesn’t include the day to day responsibilities of day care drop off, dishes, laundry and the like.

I have a problem with busyness.

For the rest of this post, visit (in)courage.
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Deborah October 16, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I have a Day-Timer that I write in also, I use to keep my appointments in my computer until that crashed! Never did that again! I am also way busier than I was as a teenager! I guess that is just life!! Have a nice day!

Lauren Kelly October 16, 2009 at 2:16 pm

This was GREAT!!! :)

Jessica Turner October 16, 2009 at 4:07 pm

thanks for your kind words

That's Who I Am October 17, 2009 at 1:29 am

I really like this post! Well said Jessica. Being still is hard when you are a busy body! I am like you with my calendars and they stay full. I don't think we would know what to do without them:) Have a great weekend!

Susan October 17, 2009 at 2:02 am

This was a very good entry, one that I TOTALLY relate to, as of late. School is crazy busy, and when I DO have free time, do I always spend it with God, which is what I want to do? Nope. Most of the time, I relax and do things, other things that I somehow justify as more important than spending time alone with God. =/

Mommy October 17, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I can relate so bad!!! BUSY should be my FIRST name…haha!! I like my old fashioned calendar…writing on them. Have a great weekend!

Cherish This Life! October 18, 2009 at 12:24 am

Ohhhhh the memories! I too had the Babysitters Club Planner, I coveted that thing…there was NOTHING more cool! :) LOL!