All Boy

by jessicaturner on October 2, 2009

Already this school year, Elias has had two spills on the playground that have caused facial abrasions.

Here’s the latest.

Apparently, he fell out of the toy boat on Wednesday, bled, cried, got cleaned up, and went on playing.

He is ALL BOY.

I hope I am ready for this…

Do you have any stories of your children getting hurt that you want to share?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Rindy Walton October 2, 2009 at 10:23 am

With 3 very active boys–lots of stories! My 2 youngest, paired together, were always coming up with ways to challenge themselves, whether on the playground, riding bikes/rollerblades or as teens having UFC matches in my living room (yup, that still happens)…pair that with sports…you've got many more bumps & scrapes to come! Boys are so much fun!!

Miss Madison's Mommy October 2, 2009 at 10:51 am

I grew up with 2 brothers and let me tell you they were ROUGH! I'm glad I had a girl.

Karen October 2, 2009 at 11:57 am

When my son was 2 he ran around in circles through our house, tripped and flew-landed face first on the carpeted stairs, then slid down. Results: broken nose, black eye, and rug burn down his face!
My 5 year old granddaughter just recently fell on the playground at pre-school and took the fall face first into the sidewalk. She was in the ER for several hours, her gums were swollen and had blood blisters on them, facial abrasions,and four loose teeth. Later the dentist determined that the 2 top teeth needed to be pulled so they wouldn't damage the permanent teeth. The lower 2 fell out on their own a short time later. Has it slowed her down? No!

Southern Gal October 2, 2009 at 12:34 pm

I made a photobook for my 18 year old son. I took it to church to show some friends. One of them is a mom to a 6yo girl and an 8mo boy. As she was going through the pages she would pause and ask, "What happened to him here?" After about the fourth time she said she had better quit looking because it was giving her an anxiety attack!

List of injuries: He bent over to pick up a toy in front of our brick hearth at 10 months old and sustained a cut on his nose requiring five stitches.
He fell straight arm while "running bases" with pillows in our living room and cracked the bone in his elbow requiring a cast at 2 years old.
He was playing with his sister and they bumped heads. Black-eye at four that didn't completely fade until he was 6.
He was wrestling with a friend on a trampoline when the friend rolled over his wrist and broke it at 13.
He has sustained numerous scraps and burns on a BMX bike/jumps. The last one was a broken collar bone last spring at 17.

Now do you see why she was having anxiety attacks? Get ready.

becca October 2, 2009 at 12:35 pm

There are just too many spills to count. And mine is only 2! He hits his head constantly but never reacts…..he head butted me on more than one occasion ending with a black eye/fat lip sort of deal. Nothing phases him. If he cries after a fall or injury, you know it has to be really bad. He fell out of my bed this morning and kept on sleeping!

Sara October 2, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Here is where my middle child got his finger stuck in the seat belt in the back seat of our car. It took an ER visit to remove it!

Stephanie @ This One Click October 2, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Yesterday, I got my first school nurse call. It began with "Everythings ok … but …" Avery's lip and chin look almost identical to Elias'. He took a spill during PE (1st grade) as they were teaching them to play football. He landed and scraped across another childs tennis shoe. Ouch.

Therese October 2, 2009 at 2:14 pm

With 3 boys, there are lots of bumps and bruises…the latest? Last week, Peter went to close the trunk on our van, and Michael's head was sort of in the way-Michael had a lovely goose-egg on his forehead. The very next day, Peter closed same said door on his own hand…Needless to say, he's not closing the trunk for now!

Kylea October 2, 2009 at 2:36 pm

At night, we allow our 3 year old son, Ellis to watch 1 of his TV shows about an hour before bed.
On Monday, I was rocking our youngest and heard from the bedroom:
"To In-fra-in-ity and Beyond" followed by a huge CRASH! I went running into the bedroom to see Ellis sprawled across the floor! He had jumped off our bed and tried to flip! When I asked him what hurt, all he could say was "My whole body, I just hurt all over"!
Yes, Boys will be Boys!

Kelly October 2, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Oh my goodness, we have so many! My favorite one to tell about is the time he nearly bit through his tongue. He and his sister were taking a bath and he was about 15 months old, he stood up and fell down biting his tongue. He cried for less than 5 minutes, bled a bit and seemed perfectly happy. We thought he was fine until he had dinner! We had pizza (cut into tiny bites) that night which he has always loved and he screamed/cried! We knew it was more serious so we contacted a relative who is an ER doctor. We called my mother-in-law to keep the older one and off to the ER we went. He said he could make a case for sewing it up or not but if it was his kid, he wouldn't. We had change Grant's diet for a few days back to baby food and take oral antibiotics. Luckily he was fine in a few days but typical tough guy. Very few tears for a very serious injury. There are many more stories just like this one, only not as severe.

Jessica October 2, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I don't have any experience with that, since I'm not a mom.. but Elias is giving you the cutest smile :)

Matt and Cristin October 2, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I'm slightly stressed out after reading those commments! :) My precious little one is 9 months…my husband tries to prep me for our future (falls, owies, etc.)…and just says "It's gonna happen"…I can already tell that he is ALL BOY as well. He's just like my husband. I'm a little scared! :)

Ana October 2, 2009 at 7:15 pm

We have 3 boys and these incidents are not rare, but haven't been too serious – thank the Lord! Last Easter, our 4 year old was running to the stairs, tripped, fell and hit his teeth on the stairs. I think they basically broke his fall. I knew it was bad and was expecting to see a chipped tooth, but to my surprise I saw that his 2front teeth had moved up and back some. EEK! Didn't know that could happen. The nerve to those teeth was damaged and they are now grey and worst case scenario he may have to have them pulled early.

Ah, boys. They are wonderful!!! :)

Erin October 2, 2009 at 10:11 pm

I am so not ready for that. I actually had a nightmare about our little falling on our hardwood floor the other night. He's only 4 weeks old and I'm already worried about him getting hurt. Am I nuts or what?!

Melinda AKA medialady October 3, 2009 at 12:31 pm

My stepmom was telling me the other day that every picture of my oldest son from 9 mo. to 5 years old has sometype of bruise or cut on his face. I went back to look and she is right – LOL! I guess I was so use to seeing him with his bumps and bruises I didn't think about it then and they had become part of his everyday life – LOL! I remember he was in a wedding wearing a tux when he was 4 years old. We did everything we could to keep him from having booboo's on his face and we succeeded!

gitz October 4, 2009 at 11:41 pm

Ok, seriously… that expression looks like the little stinker is ready to tumble again. Love him :)

[and LOOK… I'm catching up on the posts I missed!!!]