The Perfect Halloween Costume

by jessicaturner on September 7, 2009

I have been obsessing about Elias’s Halloween costume for about two months (I realize it is only September).

Some of the my favorite considerations have included:

Finally, I landed on a Lion Cub.
It wasn’t too expensive (which is key, since he probably won’t wear it long), and I think he will look adorable.

A friend told me that she saw an idea where the parents dress like buildings and the baby is King Kong. Isn’t that cute?

I think we will do Peter Pan when Elias is a little older. I am crazy about that idea, but he just seemed a little young for it this year. Check out this amazing Peter Pan party Elizabeth Kartchner wrote about on her blog. I may just have to copy that idea. :)

What are your kids going to be for Halloween?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Jackie September 7, 2009 at 12:52 pm

I agree, the Lion Cub is adorable & seems like the perfect fit for Elias for his age. He will be so cute !

Tina September 7, 2009 at 1:39 pm

The lion is cute! I can never bring myself to purchase costumes, though! My 4 year old wanted to be Wall-E…see what I did here: http://christinashaw.com/blog/blog2.php/2009/09/03/so-i-m-not-the-best

Last year, we were a family costume…the Addams family! Here we are: http://photos.christinashaw.com/albums/userpics/103108Halloween02a.jpg

Jessica Turner September 7, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Tina – I love the idea of making my kid's costumes. Right now I just don't have the time, but maybe when they are older and life looks a little different! My mom made many of our costumes when I was growing up, which I always thought was so cool.

Barby September 7, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Hi Jess-
He will be adorable!
Caden is going to be a sock monkey. It is a cute costume that I found at Target last year after Halloween (right after he was born). I grabbed it not knowing if he would fit into it. Since it was only $2 since it was 90% off, I figured it wouldn't be too bad if it didn't fit him. It does! Look for pics to come.

Kristin September 7, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Adorable! I think we've decided that my 7 year old will be a blue crayon and my 7 week old will be a princess. My son chose the costumes…now I need to get busy making them.

Noele Marie September 7, 2009 at 3:08 pm

The lion is soo cute!! Last year my little guy was a brown & white cow and my daughter was a Spider Princess.

But that Peter Pan outfit sealed the deal for me…

Aidan (21 months) will be Peter Pan & Kaitlyn (4.5 years) will be Tinkerbell! She loves Tink, so I'm not sure why I didn't think of it earlier (so THANK YOU!!). I may just have to dress up as Wendy.

Diane September 7, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Jessica, My son wore it last year! We got it at Wal-Mart. Very cute! :)

Mamastiks September 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm

My 4 y.o. is going to be a leopard princess (I guess that's what you call it) I found the costume at Children's Place a few years back – got it on clearance after Halloween for her dress-up box. It's so cute. I had to talk her out of her original idea – she wanted to be thunder. My 1 y.o. will probably be Cindy Lou Who again (she was Cindy Lou last year – looks just like her so I am told). I have a red velvet cape with white fur and a matching dress. The lion costume is really cute.

Rebecca Louise. September 7, 2009 at 3:43 pm

My sister wants to dress my niece as a mouse this year. The costume is adorable. She bought the grey outfit but is adding the ears, whiskers and nose herself. =)

Elias will look adorable!

Chatty Cricket September 7, 2009 at 5:12 pm

every year I start thinking about Halloween good and early. I semi-home make my kids' costumes (I'll make maybe one element and the rest is store bought). The first year that Mister was around, Lady and Mister went as Little Red Riding Hood and the (albeit teeny) Big Bad Wolf. It was hysterical.

Last year, with a 6 week old Sweet Babe, I made them a flock of seagulls- a HUGE hit.

This year (funny you should mention Peter Pan), Lady will be Tinkerbell, Mister Captain Hook, and Sweet Babe as Peter Pan. I've already been assembling bits and pieces.

I LOVE the lion cub! I can totally picture his big smile!!

ANDREA September 7, 2009 at 10:03 pm

We are super obsessive about Halloween costumes around here and I don't even like Halloween! Last year my daughters were Ariel and Sebastian and my neice was Flounder. This year my almost 4 year old girl will be Santa Claus and the two little girls (both 2) will be elves. It was actually the 3 years old's idea. I lOVE It!

elana September 7, 2009 at 10:30 pm

That's adorable. My Nathan is also going to be a lion. Since my husband is a pastor I plan on taking photos of him playing with a stuffed lamb and making cards with a scripture about the lion and the lamb.

Deborah September 8, 2009 at 1:22 am

He is just TOOO Cute! I miss having little kids at home! My baby is 14 and last year for Halloween he wanted go as Hugh Hefner and his "girls" were going as Bunnies.. The best part is, none of the girls parents would let them go!! Very funny..

Meli September 8, 2009 at 2:06 am

I bought my daughter's Halloween costume last year at the end of August, so don't feel bad :) They're just so cute in their little costumes!

This year, my almost-2-year old is going to be a southern belle (she's named after the most famous one :)), and we're just dressing our newborn daughter in a Halloween sleeper, since she'll only be a few days or weeks old on Halloween.

Thao September 8, 2009 at 2:49 am

I thought about my twins going as a lion and scarecrow and me dressing as Dorothy. You should be Dorothy from WOO.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend September 8, 2009 at 3:35 am

You won a prize on my blog, so check it out and send me your information…

Teresa
annah99@aol.com

The Miller Family September 8, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I just had to comment because I have a 3 year old girl who wants to be Tinkerbell, so her 1 month old brother will be Peter Pan! Love the lion costume for Elias! :o)

Starls September 22, 2009 at 12:43 pm

OMG!! It's really perfect Halloween costume for little one!! He is looking so cute in Loin costume!!