On Saturday, I went to the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) convention. (I know, I am actually not yet a MOP, but I will be soon enough). My friend Twila, who works for the MOPS publisher, was kind enough to get me a ticket. It was an awesome day. I worshiped, shopped, hung out with Angie (who joined me for the afternoon) and was so refreshed. It is rare that I take a day out for me, with no agenda other than to connect with others and dwell at the feet of the Lord for extended periods of time. I left hungry for more… and compelled to share some of my reflections with you.
The highlight of the day was without question, Christy Nockels.
In case you forgot, I LOVE Christy Nockels. Though she isn’t much older than me, I wish she could be my mentor. I find her so refreshing… her heart for the Lord, her sweet spirit and her gift for worship.
If you follow me on Twitter, then you know that I was planning to go to her main worship set on Thursday night. However, I had to work late and didn’t get to go. I was so bummed. Needless to say I was beyond thrilled that she actually was leading worship ALL WEEKEND, so I got to hear her TWICE on Saturday.
Be still my heart.
Stillness was actually not possible… I was too overwhelmed.
Anointed is really the only word I can use to describe Christy. I have been fortunate to have come to the Lord’s feet numerous times through her live worship – and through her albums.
This weekend was no different.
I think my life circumstances made my worship experience more powerful.
I am a mommy now.
My priorities have shifted.
I am more overwhelmed by life.
I understand more of what it means that God, as my FATHER, loves me, for I am now a mother, madly in love with my son. (Which is something we have been discussing in our Crazy Love discussion too!)
And singing with Christy was some of the most powerful time I have had with God in a LONG time.
Since we can’t all experience Christy here on the blog, video is the next best thing. 🙂 If you have a few minutes, and you are a mom, take some time and watch these videos from Christy. I believe they will resonate with you, as they did me. They are not of her singing, but of her chatting about life as a mom and a daughter of God.
Some truths Christy shares:
- By the holy spirit, I can be the wife and mother God has called me to be.
- I must invite the glorious into the mundane – this truth is something that I need to hear and be reminded of every single day. It resonated with me the first time I watched this video a few months ago, and then Christy reminded the MOPS moms of it again.
- Psalm 37:4-7: The Lord can be trusted to give us the desires of our heart. He has dreams and plans for our life.
- God has given us desires and dreams before the beginning of time – a cause. He will make that cause shine. This is so freeing, as a mom and a woman, that God has called us to be where we are.
- God planned for me to be Elias’s mother, and has given me everything I need to mother him – and the same is true for you.
- Sometimes, it seems that no one else can appreciate and see the little victories, but God does, and he cares and his faithful.
- As you commit to the Lord in the small things and the mundane, I must remember that God is at work.
I need to invite the glorious into the mundane.