Look What I’m Seeing!

by jessicaturner on September 12, 2009

On Tuesday, Matthew and I are going see Wicked. He got me tickets for my birthday. I am soooooo excited.

Check out the tour trailer:

Here’s the song Defying Gravity. I am obsessed with Idina Menzel (the witch). I wish she was still touring.

I LOVE musical theatre. I did tons of it growing up and was a theatre major in college (though I ended up not finishing that degree and just getting a degree in journalism).

I have a feeling that Wicked is going to be one of my new favorite musicals. I also adore Miss Saigon, Rent and Lion King.

What musicals do you love?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

2 little Boys September 12, 2009 at 11:36 am

Gosh watching that song actually brought tears to my eyes. I love musicals, its a passion my mother passed on to me. I have seen number of broadway shows since I was a young teen (too many years back to count lol) and now it looks as though I am going to have to find a way to see Wicked 😉

Hope you have a fab time, be sure to post all about it (like I really have to tell you that haha).

Daily laying it at the Master's feet!
Laura Ann

Rebecca Louise. September 12, 2009 at 11:37 am

Have a great date night you guys! x

Jessica Miller Kelley September 12, 2009 at 12:13 pm

RENT and Wicked are two of our favorites (Did you know Idina and Taye just had a baby?)

We saw Wicked in Nashville last night and it was incredible–better than when we saw it in Chicago, and frankly better than most any cast of any show I've seen on Broadway or off. They were fantastic!

Andrea @ MommySnacks.net September 12, 2009 at 12:38 pm

My BFF saw that and loved it!

And, those were some of my fave shows too!! Also gotta throw in Phantom since it was a classic – something about his mask just made him dreamy…and I coincidentally got a mask like that for my husband too!!

Rachel September 12, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I got to see Wicked in my city last May…it was amazing! I am sure you'll love it!

One of my all time favorites is Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Wonderful music, beautiful scenery, and a female lead (The Narrator) that I used to dream of being one day! Great show :)

Debbie September 12, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Wow jessica that looks great..I know sissy loved it and it was top of all her shows she saw!!! Its nice you have that local..it would take some of the fun out of it for me to go all the way to Chicago.. I miss the theater fun in GB Have fabulous time..xoxo Mom

Anonymous September 12, 2009 at 2:22 pm

The Lion King–I saw it with some terrific friends a few years ago while my husband was overseas!
I still can't believe how amazing that show was!

Leila L

Brittnie September 12, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Oh you'll love it. It's SO MUCH FUN. Enjoy!

Amie September 12, 2009 at 4:59 pm

I saw this in NYC back in May. It's AMAZING!! I was youtubing it for weeks afterwards, and still have the soundtrack in my car. I'm obsessed with this and RENT. Awesome shows! And yes, Idina is great, I have her cd also! :) Hope you guys have fun!!

The Miller Family September 12, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Hooray for you! I am also a huge theater lover and Wicked is my favorite (and that's saying a lot!)! I get to go see it with my hubby in about a month and am super excited!!!! ENJOY!

Deborah September 12, 2009 at 6:14 pm

When my kids were much younger I took them to many broadway musicals in Boston and they loved them! My all time favorite is Cats, but, I love all musicals. I just brought my family to see the Christmas Carol last year for Christmas. Such happy memories and I hope they do the same for there children! Have fun and Happy Birthday!

jayfersgirl September 12, 2009 at 6:15 pm

LOVE Rent!!! And I really want to see Wicked…I just got the book, so I figure that's the next closest thing:)

Patti September 12, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I loved Chicago, even though it was a bit scandalous. :) I also saw Phantom in San Francisco with my Aunt and Grandma when I was about 12 and it is one of my most favorite memories ever! Have fun, I have heard great things about Wicked!!

The Straka's September 12, 2009 at 11:28 pm

You are going to LOVE it!! It's by far the BEST musical I've seen!! Have fun!! I'm jealous!!

Miss Madison's Mommy September 13, 2009 at 12:45 am

I saw it and loooooooooooved it!!!

Tracy September 13, 2009 at 1:06 am

Oh – you're going to love Wicked! I saw it last fall in Minneapolis. It was such a wonderful musical!

Chatty Cricket September 13, 2009 at 1:31 am

CHICAGO! I got to see it on Broadway when Bebe Neuwirth and Ann Reinking were in the cast and JUST AMAZING.

When my sister and I were growing up, my parents took us to see a musical on Broadway every year for our birthdays, so we've seen some amazing shows. I did love the Lion King, the costuming was just incredible, no? Believe it or not I haven't seen Wicked, though I've read the book and only heard the BEST reviews from the show. ENJOY!!!

Jenni September 13, 2009 at 2:06 am

Have a GREAT time at Wicked!!!! I saw it in Chicago last fall and LOVED it. Have you ever seen Aida? It is my ALL TIME FAVORITE musical. I have seen it twice now and love the music. It's amazing!

Enjoy Wicked!!!!

Thao September 13, 2009 at 3:15 am

I saw it twice when it came to Houston. You are going to love it. I listened to the soundtrack for weeks and my hubby would sing Popular so high pitched.

Tippa Glover September 13, 2009 at 3:22 am

I have seen Wicked twice and will be seeing it again in Nashville next weekend!!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love that show!!!! I have the entire CD memorized and listen to it often!! Soooo good!

Some of my favs are….Aida, Mamma Mia, Chicago, Lion King!!! I love musical theater too!!

Rochelle September 13, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Wicked is one of my favorite musicals.
I saw it in Cincinnati and I'm seeing it here in Dayton when Broadway tours in March. The clip you have from the Tony's always gives me goosebumps!

Kathi September 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm

You will absolutely love Wicked. When I saw it in Dallas the girl who played Libby on Sabrina the Teenage Witch was playing Nessa Rose. I later read the book and loved it. There is a sequel called Son of a Witch that I also want to read.

That's Who I Am September 13, 2009 at 5:31 pm

Have fun! Wicked is so awesome! It is my favorite. They are coming back to Louisville and I really hope I get to go see it again! Let us know how you like it:)

Anonymous September 13, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I LOVE the swedish musical "kristina från Duvemåla" (songs and music by Björn and Benny from Abba) about some swedes that emigrates to America. The musical are based on some classic swedish books written by Vilhelm Moberg. Björn and Benny wants to put this musical up in America and it is translated to english.23 and 24 of september there will be 2 conserts from the translated version called "Kristina" at
Carnegie Hall, New York. watch some of the songs at YouTube!

//hanna

Heather September 13, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Oh you are going to love it! I saw it last Thursday and am going to head down there tonight to try to get the lottery tickets so I can go again!! I also loove Miss. Saigon!

Anonymous September 13, 2009 at 7:55 pm

listen to this if you want the here the english version of the song song a linked before from "Kristina"….

// hanna

Kelli September 14, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I love musicals… and too many of them to pick!

I just saw Wicked a few weeks ago and it was FABULOUS!!! The company did a great job!!!

Anonymous September 14, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I received Wicked tix for Mothers Day last year. I watched it in L.A. So the cast is different. But the show I'm sure will still be amazing! In my opinion….. IT.WAS.AWESOME!

Enjoy!
~Christi in California~

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) September 14, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I am so jealous! I would love to see Wicked! I have heard wonderful things about it. Another one I would love to see is Chicago…I love the music in that one.

Have a wonderful time!

Nirupama September 14, 2009 at 10:25 pm

I love Wicked too!! It has to be one my all time favorite Broadway Shows, this and Avenue Q. Third is Mamma Mia, which Ryan took me to when we got engaged.
I got to see Wicked after waiting in line for lottery seats three times! The seats were well worth it though-front row center for only 25 bucks. Seeing it on Broadway was so memorable. I listen to the CD all the time to psych me up in the mornings on my drive to work.
I love the book too – have you read it?

gitz September 20, 2009 at 2:32 am

I'm obviously behind on my reading… and i'm SO jealous. how was it?