My Favorite Movie: Anne of Green Gables

by jessicaturner on August 23, 2009

My favorite movie of all time is Anne of Green Gables. I can pretty much quote the whole thing. I have seen it at least 150 times… maybe more. Here’s just one of my favorite parts.

I love when she adds the e to her name.

In looking for some clips on YouTube, I came across this alternate ending that was filmed, but not used. Check it out (the first part has no audio)

I also found this amazing interview about the casting of Anne.

What is your favorite movie of all time?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

The O'Brien Family August 23, 2009 at 3:55 am

This is something you and I have in common! I love Anne of Green Gables! I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to enjoy watching it so we can sit and watch it together!

Gina August 23, 2009 at 4:09 am

Pride and Prejudice

mandiegirl August 23, 2009 at 4:14 am

I LOVE all of the Anne movies! I watched them SO may times, but strangely, do not own them…I may need to change that!

Dawn August 23, 2009 at 4:51 am

I LOVE the Anne movies! My sister and I watched them tons of times growing up. My dad even enjoyed them – he's a softy and cries EVERY. TIME.

So many favorite parts – the puffed sleeves, Matthew buying 20 pounds of brown sugar, Anne and Diana jumping on her aunt in the middle of the night, and on and on!

They just don't make movies like this anymore! =)

Nancy August 23, 2009 at 5:08 am

Last of the Mohicans – the one with Daniel Day-Lewis. He is HOT in this movie. It's an awesome story, and movie – love story for the gals, action for the guys. Very well done.

JosiahsMommy August 23, 2009 at 8:12 am

This brought back so many memories! I used to watch all of those movies (and read the books) over and over… Awww. Thanks so much!

Amber August 23, 2009 at 10:57 am

I love this movie too! I even thought about naming a little girl Avonlea!

Southern Gal August 23, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Oh, I love this movie! When my daughter was about 8 we discovered this movie and we watched it over and over again.

Now Pride and Prejudice is my favorite with Christy right behind.

Christy is my favorite read hands down. Probably read it over 10 times.

Juel August 23, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I love Anne too! I also love Somewhere in time and a Walk in the clouds.

Rebecca Louise. August 23, 2009 at 2:01 pm

without a doubt the sound of music or pride and prejudice!

Sarah Goddard August 23, 2009 at 4:09 pm

my most favorite is Little Women!!! Although I do love Anne also

Amber August 23, 2009 at 5:15 pm

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables! I would say that is one of my all time favorite movies. I also love Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version).

Karla August 23, 2009 at 5:35 pm

The Sound of Music, hands down.

I LOVE the Anne movies, too. My sons have even watched them with me!

Ryan and Erin Russell August 23, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I love Anne of Green Gables too. I love the movies and I LOVE the books. I'd never seen the cut scene or the interview. Thanks for sharing.

ANDREA August 23, 2009 at 8:06 pm

I LOVE Anne of GG!!! I've watched it so many times too. My two other all time favs…White Christmas and Father of the Bride (with Steve Martin).

"Intentionally Katie" August 23, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Oh I just have to see this whole movie now. I'm intrigued! My favorite movies are The Notebook and Dan in Real Life, which I just got for my birthday.

Thao August 24, 2009 at 6:12 am

I love Anne with an e of green gables. I have the 2 series on dvd and still need the continuing story on dvd to complete. My mom and I watched it and I bought her the set too.

Jen August 24, 2009 at 11:36 am

I'm with the majority here…Anne of Green Gables hands down. I read the book when I was 9 and was hooked. I started borrowing as many Anne books as I could from the library. My Oma noticed my interest and gave me the movie when I was 11. Now that I'm all grown up, I'm still a huge fan of the books (and anything else written by L.M. Montgomery) and own all the movies. I watch them whenever my hubby's gone. They're not his type of movie, so I don't force them on him. Makes us both happy.

Tracy August 24, 2009 at 12:11 pm

I love this movie!! Right now, I'm reading Anne of Green Gables to my 4 yr old. <3

CraftyHope August 24, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Oh my gosh! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. I completely forgot about this movie (sorry :/) It's such a total GEM and makes me want to go back and re-read the book and watch the movie. THANK YOU!!

gitz August 25, 2009 at 5:35 am

i suddenly feel like a total loser because i've never seen Anne of Green Gables. guess i'd better get it on my rental list, eh?

Jenn Becker August 25, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I Love all of the anne movies, but my favorite all time, can quote backwards and forwards movie is "An Affair to Remember" with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Love it, love it, love it. =)

Lindsey Nobles August 25, 2009 at 4:54 pm

I love, love, love Anne of Green Gables. One time when I was at Target buying my obligatory $100 worth of stuff I don't really need, I bought the VHS boxed set of the last three books, the ones you never can seem to find on PBS during the telethon.

I so root for Anne & Gilbert. Think their story defined romance for me. Not sure if that is a good thing!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama August 27, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Girl! I loooove Anne of Green Gables (Gilbert, swoon =) what an interesting alternate ending- still love the orginal and Anne of Avonlea is my second favorite!