1. Scrapbooking – After taking a little break, I have been scrapbooking a lot lately. I also “rediscovered” my love of chipboard letters and the process of covering them with paper, sanding them down and making them perfect for a layout. Check out this “Sunshine” layout I did of Elias in the pool for the first time. All the papers (except the journaling circle) are Cosmo Cricket.
2. Sookie Stackhouse series – I know I mentioned these a few weeks ago, but I just finished book 2 last night, so I wanted to mention them again. It is so nice to read for me, which is something I haven’t done as much since Elias was born.
3. Hebrews – I am doing a study of the book of Hebrews with my Monday night women’s group. We are taking time to go chapter by chapter, study the words, cross-references, etc. It has been too long since I have studied the bible in this way.
4. Sandra Boynton Books – Lately, we have been reading a lot of Sandra Boynton books to Elias. They each have such a fun rhythm. I highly recommend The Barnyard Dance – it is our favorite.
5. Christmas shopping – I am already chipping away at my Christmas shopping. It makes it a lot easier on our budget if I have most of it done by the holidays. We will be celebrating Christmas with Matthew’s family at Thanksgiving, meaning I need to get everything done even earlier for his side of the family. I love shopping throughout the year because I find much better deals! I have also been using Swagbucks to accrue some Amazon gift cards for gift buying.