5 Things I Love Right Now

by jessicaturner on August 28, 2009

1. Scrapbooking – After taking a little break, I have been scrapbooking a lot lately. I also “rediscovered” my love of chipboard letters and the process of covering them with paper, sanding them down and making them perfect for a layout. Check out this “Sunshine” layout I did of Elias in the pool for the first time. All the papers (except the journaling circle) are Cosmo Cricket.

2. Sookie Stackhouse series – I know I mentioned these a few weeks ago, but I just finished book 2 last night, so I wanted to mention them again. It is so nice to read for me, which is something I haven’t done as much since Elias was born.

3. Hebrews – I am doing a study of the book of Hebrews with my Monday night women’s group. We are taking time to go chapter by chapter, study the words, cross-references, etc. It has been too long since I have studied the bible in this way.

4. Sandra Boynton Books – Lately, we have been reading a lot of Sandra Boynton books to Elias. They each have such a fun rhythm. I highly recommend The Barnyard Dance – it is our favorite.

5. Christmas shopping – I am already chipping away at my Christmas shopping. It makes it a lot easier on our budget if I have most of it done by the holidays. We will be celebrating Christmas with Matthew’s family at Thanksgiving, meaning I need to get everything done even earlier for his side of the family. I love shopping throughout the year because I find much better deals! I have also been using Swagbucks to accrue some Amazon gift cards for gift buying.

What are you enjoying right now?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Jen August 28, 2009 at 11:28 am

Love Sandra Boynton books! My two year old "reads" Blue Hat, Green Hat to me on a daily basis.

Jennifer August 28, 2009 at 11:32 am

I am enjoying… painting like crazy! lol I am working hard on (in)courage products, but I am really lovin' it. Sometimes work doesn't feel like work. I am feeling that way this week and enjoying that feeling! I agree with shopping for Christmas year round not only the better deals, but it is easier to find gifts that are 'right' rather than making something work when you are running out of time and stressed.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas August 28, 2009 at 12:13 pm

I too love the Sandra Boynton books as do the boys! Scrapbook page is adorable.

Tracy August 28, 2009 at 12:25 pm

We love the Sandra Boynton books here! Especially Pajama Time. Very cute!

As for scrapbooking, I go through phases. I'll scrap like crazy for a few weeks, then sew the next few weeks.

Southern Gal August 28, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Watching my 2nd grade son 'get it' in our homeschool this year.

Rekindling a childhood friendship after 32 years!

Planning a shower and birthday party for family members.

Preparing to teach a new women's Sunday School class starting in September.

Jingle August 28, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Sounds like you have some fun stuff going on right now! I'm glad you are enjoying scrapbooking again! I can't live sanely without it anymore! LOL!

Kaycee August 28, 2009 at 2:53 pm

We LOVE Sandra Boynton books too! We just picked up "Belly Button Book" at the library and my 16 month old daughter says "boo" every time we read "Bee-Boo", it's so cute! I think our favorite of hers right now is "Hippos Go Berserk", check it out if you get the chance – it's a very cute numbers book.

Julia August 28, 2009 at 3:28 pm

ok, i'm SO glad someone else does Christmas shopping early. my husband and i do the same thing and my family makes fun of us!!! but it's SO much easier on the budget!!

my scrapping is taking a back seat since we have to pack a bunch of stuff up for a big move. but oh, how i love scrapping. have you check out "Thickers"??? they are awesome!!!

"The Power of a Praying Wife"… i'm doing a Faith Friday thing on my blog featuring prayers from that book

Jessica Turner August 28, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Julia- I use thickers on about 90% of my layouts.

Lauren August 28, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I absolutely LOVE to spend 6 monthes Christmas shopping! I have a little done already. So exciting! My sister is going to completely FLIP out at the awesome deal I picked up at the J.Crew end-of-season sale!

Kelsey August 28, 2009 at 5:25 pm

We love the Sandra Boynton books too! Our first and favorite was the Barnyard Dance, but a close second is the Blue Hat, Green Hat, and for that same reason as Jen, our girls can *read* it themselves, to each other and to thier little brother!

And I'm with you on the Christmas shopping. I found my girls *Santa* gifts last Feb! And with the exception of those last minute gifts that always seem to come up, I'm done!

jayfersgirl August 28, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Sandra Boynton books are our favorite too! I had them all collected long before I was even pregnant:)
I need to order her new one "Night, Night, Little Pookie" ASAP:)

krislyn. August 28, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Ohh Sandra Boynton is a fantastic writer for little ones! I used to read them all the time to the little boy I nannyed for from 3 months until 2 years old, and boy did I have all those books memorized! =)

You have inspired me to start Christmas shopping right now! Makes so much sense. =)

Excited for The Book Club

Jane In The Jungle August 28, 2009 at 7:45 pm

OM, Christmas shopping is my fave and I LOVE getting started on it!! And keep going on Sookie, I have read every one of them and devore them when a new one comes out!! My favorite for the kids, Jan Brett.

lisawitt August 29, 2009 at 3:03 am

I love Boynton books too! Our favs are The Going to Bed book and Pajama Time! :) Ill have to check out some of these other titles people have mentioned!

I am currently enjoying the anticipation of our 2nd son's arrival in October!

Julie August 29, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Love the layout, thanks for sending me the link. I also love your cards for Kate entry and I'm going to post a link to it right now!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect August 30, 2009 at 12:24 am

I love Sandra Boynton books! My kiddo, though, hasn't discovered a love of them quite yet. I checked Barnyard Dance out from the library, so excited to read it to her – and every time I'd start it, she'd say, "No, no, no, no, no!!!" :) Maybe someday…