What Elias is Doing

by jessicaturner on July 24, 2009

Mostly because I am afraid I am going to forget, I thought I would write a post about the things Elias is doing right now, at 12.5 months. I was reading What to Expect: The Toddler Years and it was so validating. Elias seems to be a very average little boy. :) (Of course, we think he is extraordinary, but that is a typical parental claim isn’t it?)
  • Waving – Elias is such a great waver. He waves all the time.
  • Clapping – Elias claps all the time, especially when you say YAY! or a song ends.
  • Hugs – Elias has just really started giving hugs in the past week. He grabs your neck and pats your shoulder. It is sooo cute.
  • Babbling – Elias is babbling all the time. He loves to yell too.
  • Dancing – Whenever music plays, Elias bops his body and/or knees. He also likes to shake his hands to the music.
  • Crawling – Elias can crawl super fast now.
  • Walking – Elias is walking along furniture and will walk if we hold both of his hands.
  • Eating – Elias is a very good eater. He eats all kinds of meat, cheese and vegetables. He doesn’t like fruits, unless they are pureed. He also likes eggs, crackers, puffs, cheerios and little Beachnut cookies.

Lately Matthew and I have been marveling by how much he is doing and how quickly he is turning into a toddler. They really do grow so fast, don’t they?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

gitz July 24, 2009 at 2:36 pm

He IS extraordinary. Just ask me :)

There is nothing better than a pat on the back from a little hand, is there? So sweet.

Lauren Kelly July 24, 2009 at 3:39 pm

That picture is topo precious!! :)

Mallory July 24, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Too cute!

So not to sound creepy or anything, especially since I've never met you, but last night I had a dream that I checked your blog and you announced that you were pregnant again. Haha is that weird? I guess between Matthew's sex week talk, and all the pictures of this adorable little guy, it's just what popped up!

Melissa: The Goldilocks of the Bear Den...and the Momma! July 24, 2009 at 4:52 pm

As they grow it only amazes me more and more. One day they are just babbling and the next it is actual words. One day you are trying to stick their finger in the air to say "One" and the next day they are pointing at everything and said 'this, this' over and over. Blogs are great for that reason- to record things you 'might forget' and want to remember. I think bolgs are the new baby books.

Julia July 24, 2009 at 5:37 pm

amazing! what a cutie. he'll be running around that house before you know it!!

just to warn you, my daughter didn't say many words til about 19 months. then, her vocab just exploded! i can't believe all the things she says now at 26 months!!

Kelley July 24, 2009 at 7:07 pm

That is so cute. They do grow up too fast! You are a great Mom!

Angela July 24, 2009 at 7:08 pm

I love love love 1-2 years. They are so much fun and everything is new to them. It's great, enjoy this time!

Kendra July 24, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I do the same thing – blog to remember my little one's constant changes! It goes by so quickly, and hearing that over and over still doesn't prepare you for it. Elias is at such a fun age right now!

Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 3:44 am

My favorite time is 1-2 years old….because (I know I tell you this all the time) You can SEE them thinking I love it!!!!! Oh by the way….I miss him AGAIN now… Love that pic of him yelling to us in the dining room….soooo cute.
Mom

Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Cutest pic! I love that outfit, too.
Kristin Amato