Elias is soooo busy these days. He spends hours playing with his toys, dumping things out of baskets and just having a grand time. I thought it would be fun to share some of his favorite toys with you.
- Melissa & Doug First Shapes Jumbo Puzzle – While Elias doesn’t seem to get the hang of putting the pieces in the correct spots, he loves taking this puzzle apart and banging the pieces together. The knobs make them really easy for him to hold. We have several other Melissa & Doug puzzles that are also great.
- Wonderworld Stacking Rings – Elias loves taking apart these wood stacking rings, banging them together and stacking them up. He isn’t very good at putting them on the center wood peg yet, but he’ll get there. I love what a quality toy this is.
- CAT 6 in. Mini Vehicles – Dump Truck – Elias has several of these little mini CAT trucks and he is so cute crawling and pushing them around. How do boys just know how to do that?! They are only $3.99 at Toys R Us, which I thought was a total steal. Most of the other small cars are a lot smaller than these.
- Little Tikes Tap a Tune Xylophone – Elias is really into music lately, so this xylophone was a big hit for his birthday. He did get his finger caught inbetween two of the keys, so even though it says it is age appropriate, I’m not so sure. He hasn’t done it again though.
- Hokey Pokey Elmo – Elias loves this thing! He gets so excited every time that Elmo starts Hokey Pokey-ing. His day care has Chicken Dance Elmo and he also loves that one. The toy itself is a bit annoying, but he is so cute dancing to it that I just have to love it.
- LeapFrog Alphabet Pal® Caterpillar – I generally prefer non-battery operated toys because I think they stimulate creativity better, but this toy is one of the few exceptions we have made. It sings the ABCs, does letter sounds and says the letters. Elias loves pulling the cord and making it sing.
- LeapFrog Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal Set– I just got this toy this weekend for Elias and it has been a HUGE hit. The magnets are really cute. Basically you can mix and match the animal parts and it sings little songs based on if you match the parts. Again, I am generally not a fan of noisy/battery toys, but I really like this one.