Carrie Underwood at the Opry

by jessicaturner on July 26, 2009

Southwest Airlines was a sponsor of the Opry last night and they generously gave Matthew and I a pair of tickets to attend. We had never seen an actual Opry show and CARRIE UNDERWOOD (whom we LOVE) was the headlining act. I was soooo excited!

I didn’t know that you can bring your camera into the Opry, so mid-way through the show Matthew went to the car to get my Rebel. (He’s so patient with me.) The Opry also lets people go right up to the stage to get pictures during the performances. Right before the Carrie segment people rushed to the front.

Of course, I went right with them.

And for the last half hour of the show I was kneeling on the hard floor about eight feet from Carrie.

She is every bit as beautiful in person as she looks in all of her pictures and on TV. And just as sweet. She walked along the stage at the end touching people’s hands, receiving gifts and just had a really beautiful spirit. Her voice was dead-on perfect. Wow. It is such a pleasure to see people perform who have such natural talent.

Here are some of the best pictures I took (click on them to enlarge). I am really pleased with how they turned out. Everything was shot using my 50 mm fixed. Once I was at the stage, I sort of wished I had grabbed my zoom lens, but I don’t shoot with it very much, so I didn’t feel as comfortable with it.

It was a great date night for Matthew and me and a wonderful show. Thanks, Southwest!
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

john dobbs July 26, 2009 at 11:16 am

Great pics. Very retro Tammy Wynette look. Carrie has improved in performance a lot. Vocally? Always a special voice. Glad you got to go hear her. Maybe she'll come to Monroe sometime!

Jess :) July 26, 2009 at 12:24 pm

AHHHHHHHH!!! You blessed girl!! :)

THANK YOU so much for taking pictures! Yes, CU is, without a doubt, one of my ALL time FAVORITES! I just adore her and boy oh boy can she belt out ANY song!

I'm so glad you and Matthew were able to go and enjoy a night out! :)

Thank you again for sharing your night with us!

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 1:22 pm

So jealous. I LOVE Carrie Underwood. She is so beautiful and has such a wonderful voice. I also love that she is so "human"–did you notice the notes written on her left hand in your pictures?
By the way, Jessica, we should hopefully be in town the weekend of Aug 8. Are you home that weekend? Would love to meet up!

Leila

Brooke July 26, 2009 at 1:38 pm

What a great surprise! The pictures are great.

krislyn. July 26, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Ohhh my goodness!! How great is that — what a wonderful date ..

Your pictures look fabulous. She is just a talented singer!

Samantha @ Mama Notes July 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm

lucky!!! How fun!!

Shell @ Disappearing Mist July 26, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Awesome shots! What a great concert that must have been!

SNW July 26, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Does Carrie have something written on her hand in the last shot? Or is it just shadows?

Either way – beautiful.

That's Who I Am July 26, 2009 at 7:33 pm

I love seeing Carrie in concert! She is so pretty and can sing like no other! I am glad you got to go that is awesome:)

Paige July 26, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Those were great pics! Loved to see them. My dad, my kids and I went to an Opry show back in May…we just got to see Lee Greenwood (and he didn't even sing God Bless the USA)! LOL

Glad you had a great time! You deserve it.

Paige

Amie July 26, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Love, love, LOVE Carrie! Saw her last year in Dallas and she put on a flawless performance. She sounds amazing in concert. Thanks for the pictures!

ANDREA July 26, 2009 at 10:34 pm

So Jealous! I love her too. I saw her at the fair a few years ago. :)

Anonymous July 27, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Carrie is touched by the hand of God truly blessed with talent and much more. She does have the sweetest spirit. She and Mike Fisher are perfect for each other so much alike in that sense.

Jackie July 27, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Isn't she just the most beautiful thing you have ever seen (and heard)?
We have seen her dozens of times & several times at the Opry.
I would so LOVE for her to be my daughter-in-law ! HA! My son & she are the same age ! He lives right there in Nashville ! So, it's not entirely impossible, is it ? :-) (Me, along with how many other Mothers of sons, right ?) HA !

I'm so glad you got to see her in person. She certainly is a true sweetheart !

Music Online July 28, 2009 at 5:31 am

Thanks for the amazing photos of Carrie she looks so beautiful! I really like Carrie Underwood!

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Great pics sissy!! Jealous!!

Alisha Whitfield July 30, 2009 at 5:44 pm

I am so jealous!! I love Carrie Underwood. Glad you have such a great time.