It is amazing to me how many sippy cup options are out there. I think there must be at least three times as many sippy cup options as there are bottle options. It is rediculous. Gerber makes at least a dozen… or so it seems.
Elias’s and our favorite are these by Nuby.
Here’s why I like them:
- The nipple pops out, making it easy to clean.
- They don’t leak, but don’t have those annoying separate valve to make them leak-proof.
- The handle is attached to the cover, not to the cup.
- These were the easiest for Elias to learn how to drink out of when we introduced the cup at around six months.
The downside is that when the baby shakes the cup really hard, it does sometime leak… but we haven’t had any big problems yet.
Other sippy cups we have, but don’t like as much:
- Playtex Lil’ Grippers (I think Elias may like these better in a few months. They are a little big for him now and the top seems a little harder from him to suck than the nuby cups)
- Gerber Graduates Spill Proof Cup (I like that these have ounce markers on them, but don’t like how the handles are attached to the cup by a ring on the bottom. A lot of times Elias slams the cup into his food on his high chair and food gets wedged in the ring. Gross.)
Kroger has some kinds of sippy cups, buy one, get one free this week, so I bought these two kinds to try:
- Cool Twisties Cup (It says for 18 months, so I figured I can hold on to it)
- Another kind of Gerber cup without handles.
I had Gerber coupons for 75 cents off, so it made the cups only $1.25 each.
What sippy cups do you recommend?