Here are the things going on in our neck of the woods.
- Our new carpet was installed yesterday. It was A LOT of work to get ready for because our condo is on a second story, so we didn’t really have anywhere to go with our stuff. Matthew’s bathroom was packed floor to ceiling with all of our books, nicknacks, lamps, blankets, Elias’s toys, etc. and the installers moved the furniture from room to room. The carpet looks amazing – it totally transformed our home. I am so glad to be rid of the nasty berber carpet that we did have. Now we have to put everything back… and hopefully have a bit less clutter! Isn’t it pretty? We got it through Home Depot.
- Matthew’s parents, sister Lis, her husband Dave and their three kids come to town this weekend for a family friend’s wedding and Elias’s first birthday party! They will get here Thursday and are leaving Wednesday. We haven’t seen them since Christmas and are really looking forward to the visit.
- Speaking of the birthday party, I am feeling good about it and not stressing nearly as much as I thought I would be. It is going to be super low-key, but still memorable. It has been in the high 90s all week, so hopefully it will cool off a little this weekend – and not rain, since it is at a park. I will cry if it rains.
- Elias is officially crawling on both knees and is getting faster by the day! He is also saying mamamamamama all the time. It melts my heart, even though he says it to everything and everyone. He does know though that I am mama, which is really sweet. We are trying to teach him to raise his arms in the air when we say “how big are you?” and to blow kisses. He mostly just laughs at us.
- I am majorly behind on my project 365. I have been taking photos every day but haven’t journaled in almost 2 months.
- My Big Picture Class is probably going to launch in mid-late August. I am working on edits now and plan to submit the final class after the long fourth of July weekend. Please be praying that I am able to get everything done.
- We finally decided on a carseat… I will be writing about it soon. However, we need to buy a second one for my VW beetle. Any recommendations on good toddler carseats for small cars? Elias will hardly ever ride in this, but for the times that we have to transport him in the bug, we need a seat for it, as we don’t want to have to move the other seat back and forth, plus I don’t think it will fit well. Please help!