Elias’s Daddy

by jessicaturner on June 2, 2009

Matthew wrote this GREAT article on taking care of Elias a few days a week.

It is HILARIOUS.

Please go read it
and let us know what you think! I really think a lot of you will get a big kick out of his humor – especially when he talks about discussing breastfeeding at Starbucks…
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Jessica Miller Kelley June 2, 2009 at 11:17 am

My husband and I loved it. He’s a full time SAHD right now because the day care we’re using is brand new and hasn’t opened yet. We definitely identified with some of the odd reactions Matthew receives from people–do they think he’s a widower? unemployed? For us, the “non-traditional” arrangement brings up certain emotions, even though we consider ourselves progressively-minded. Fascinating commentary on parenthood today!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light June 2, 2009 at 11:53 am

I saw the tweet about it, but never made it over there. Thanks for the link and reminder….can’t wait to read it! My husband keeps our kids a lot when I work on the weekends. I can’t tell you how much it made him appreciate me! Best thing that ever happened to us!

The Pelts June 2, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Absolutely hilarious and should be a must-read for all stay at home dads!!! Two thumbs up!

Michelle L. June 2, 2009 at 12:59 pm

the article was great! I can imagine those ladies faces when he was telling them what to use!! hilarious…..

Rebecca (Sam's wife) June 2, 2009 at 3:10 pm

hahhaa! i will have to share it with my hubby! hilarious!! loved the last line too…

Jung A June 2, 2009 at 3:26 pm

wow…great nipple story! your hubbie’s funny… :)

Kristen June 2, 2009 at 4:24 pm

On my way to read the post, but just wanted to note that Elias’ hair is SO long now. He’s looking more grown up everyday!

Rebecca Louise. June 2, 2009 at 4:55 pm

The starbucks comment was a hoot and I loved the bit at end about taking the pictures!

You guys are great! Elias is very blessed! xo.

McFarland2213 June 2, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Very cute story – your husband is a natural story teller! I can just see him trying to be helpful in Starbucks as I’ve had these conversations with my friends from time to time and I’m thinking “what if someone overhears us talking – they will think we’re crazy!” :)

Sara June 2, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Fun stories! Apparently the “it is hilarious” you had at the bottom didn’t click with me that I should go potty before I read this. My boobs and nursing was once the topic of conversation between my first husband and our hair dresser. I found out from the other ladies the next time I showed up for a haircut. And as far as Starbucks goes, be careful…my two year old told me the other day when I went through the drive thru, “OHHH! I like lattes too mommy!” I guess I go there with him too much! There is nothing like having a two year old addicted to Starbucks too!

Kelley June 2, 2009 at 7:55 pm

That is the cutest thing I have ever read! I needed a laugh today and that was precious. Thanks for sharing.

The Rowe Family June 2, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Jessica, I thought it was so funny when I read it, I had to stop and call my Sister and read it with her….we were laughing our heads off!!! That was some funny stuff :)! Emily

Tasha June 2, 2009 at 8:51 pm

That was FUNNY!

-brittany- June 2, 2009 at 8:55 pm

great article! I forwarded it to a stay-at-home dad friend that I knew could completely sympathize! Very funny!

Matthew Paul Turner June 2, 2009 at 9:30 pm

All of you are so nice! :) Thank you for your kind words..

Jenn Becker June 2, 2009 at 11:51 pm

SO FUNNY! I want to read more! =)

Catherine June 3, 2009 at 1:44 am

I thought it was great!! He's a great writer! Very funny!

Rae June 3, 2009 at 2:16 am

Awesome article. Your husband is a comic genius!! I've never read his book but love his writing style and humor and will definately be putting him on my to read list. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous June 3, 2009 at 4:34 am

Love it Matthew and Jessica~~!!!!
they need you to do a stay-at-home feature weekly!! Mom

Patti June 3, 2009 at 5:46 am

a note to say hello.

Ladybugsinthegarden.blogspot.com

As You Wish June 3, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Your husband is a great writer. Thanks for sharing the article.

Kelli June 4, 2009 at 2:23 am

I read it to my Matthew, we love it and thought it was hilarious! Thanks for that :)

Stacey June 4, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Loved the article!

Brenda is SO Blessed June 5, 2009 at 12:34 am

that is hysterical. i can only imagine the looks on thier faces. must have been priceless. I think Matthew is a great writer