Teacher Gifts

by jessicaturner on May 24, 2009

I wanted to give Elias’s teachers a little something to remember him and their time in the panda room.

Shock, I went the crafty route.

I used my Xyron 900 to adhere the paper to the frames. It made them so quick and easy to put them together. Then I took some glue dots and attached the prima flowers. I used glimmer mist then on the whole thing to create a beautiful frame.

I took a class picture of the teachers and the kids, put it in the frame, and it was perfect.

What kinds of gifts have you given/are you giving your kids teachers?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Rebecca Louise. May 24, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Aww that is such a lovely frame and present to give! I hope that picture is part of your 365 :-)

When I was at school at the end of each year all the children gave our teacher a present anything from chocolates, to frames to funky pens to mark thei work with lol.

I miss it xoxox.

Lauren Kelly May 24, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Seriously, I’m in awe of your creativity, haha!!! :O)

Eva Foster May 24, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Perfect gift! I just don’t have the time to get that crafty until I’m done with school. I can’t wait though. Thanks for the idea! They are adorable!

gitz May 24, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I shouldn’t be surprised, but MAN these blow me away. So cute!!!

Kelley May 24, 2009 at 6:47 pm

What a great idea! I’ll have to remember that! This year I gave Starbucks gift cards.

Anonymous May 24, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Beautiful frames! I am a early childhood teacher and I love love love these types of gifts! Pictures of the children are always appreciated :)

Anonymous May 25, 2009 at 12:50 am

Hi Jessica.
I am a teacher (6th grade), and I would be so touched by that gift. I would be honored that a parent cared enough to put so much thought into a gift.
I also have 3 kids, so I’ll keep that idea in mind. 😉
You’re a great mom!
Love, Kristin Amato
kma0405@bellsouth.net

Simplyliz May 26, 2009 at 3:18 am

I usually make paint cans with the teacher’s name and fill it with post-its and dry erase pens (and lots of chocolate), or alter a little clipboard with a pad of paper.

By the end of the year, I think everyone of my kids teachers have gotten both.

The frame is beautiful! And I cry easily at milestones. It’s what separates the moms… from the dads!