Are These Bugs Girly?

by jessicaturner on May 12, 2009

Elias had a doctor’s appointment today. This is right before he got two shots. Please be sure to notice the torn paper liner, which he had demolished, twice.

What would your caption be for this photo?

Also, Matthew says Elias’s outfit is kind of girly. It has BUGS on it and it is from the Gymboree boys section (last year’s clearance, of course). I told him girls don’t wear bugs unless they are lady bugs, bees, or butterflies. Click on the picture to see the outfit up close.

What do you think?
________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Coral May 12, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Too cute! My daughter always destroys the paper at the doctor’s office too. It’s almost as if that is her mission while we are there, to see how much paper she can rip, chew, shred, crunch, etc. :o)

I’m sorry but the bugs are definitely not girly! I certainly wouldn’t put my daughter in those bugs! They are perfectly boyish and adorable on Elias!

Matthew Paul Turner May 12, 2009 at 4:50 pm

He’s so CUTE!

But come on, baby, you can’t see the outfit in this picture!! :)

Jenna May 12, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Thats definetely a boys outfit! SOrry Matt but this time you’re wrong

Kelli May 12, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Konner (7 year old) said it’s definitely not girly but babyish! Which works, cuz Elias is a baby!

As a mother of both, Konner would have definitely worn that as a baby NO DOUBT, I wouldn’t have ever put it on V….people would’ve asked me if I she was a boy!

Lauren Kelly May 12, 2009 at 4:56 pm

This is totally not girly! I think Matthew is going to be outnumbered on this one :)

mary h. May 12, 2009 at 5:02 pm

NO! It is definitely NOT girly. I, too, would not have put it on either of my girls because ppl would’ve asked if the baby was a boy.

As for a title…”Say, ‘Ah.'” Or “Open up and say, ‘Ah!'” Btw, adorable pic as always.

Misty Rice May 12, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Very infant masculine!!!

Misty Rice May 12, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Oh and Matt…you CAN see the outfit, just click on the picture and it enlarges to FULL screen. and um, nope, still not girly! LOL

Melinda AKA medialady May 12, 2009 at 5:10 pm

I don’t see the first bit of pink on here so it’s not girly – LOL; plus ask dear hubby how many times he saw girls playing with bugs unless they were in boys clothes.
Thought for the day . . . you will see little girls in boys clothes all the time but never see boys in girls clothes. All you have to do for the girl is add a ribbon in her hair and she is just adorable.
I must say that Elias is as cute as a bug here and looks very manly!

Misty Rice May 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm

As for caption….sorry trying to do this and feed my 12 month old daughter.

“No ‘Bees’ about it mom, I’m healthy.” (goes with the bug outfit)

or

“Just a smile a day, keeps that doctor away.”

gitz May 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm

yeah, mpt… I enlarged the photo and that is a BOY outfit. Boy bugs. I have a friend who has twin baby girls who wouldn’t let them near that outfit for the sheer boy-ness of it.

God, he is cute, isn’t he? Poor kid obviously didn’t know what was coming with those shots…

Anonymous May 12, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Definitely not a girly bug outfit! Very boyish.

Gail May 12, 2009 at 5:31 pm

That is totally a boys outfit! Get with the program Mathew!

Aunt Gail
gailschim.blogspot.com

Rebecca Louise. May 12, 2009 at 5:44 pm

This is an Elias outfit that he fashions perfectly. I think my caption would be what my niece says to me everytime she ruins something

“If you don’t break it it doesn’t make it fun to play with!”

xoxox.

tibby May 12, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Those are boy bugs! Perfect little bugs for a perfect little boy!

Jess :) May 12, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Super cute!! No, it isn't even close to being 'girly!'

I would say…

"Hey dad, stop bugging me & mom about my outfit!" :)

smiliesar May 12, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Not girly at all! I don’t think I would put my girl in it since it’s so boy. Your hubby is too funny!

Stephanie May 12, 2009 at 6:30 pm

My son has that set. It’s totally a boy outfit. It’s orange and dark green! Gymboree isn’t one to blur the gender lines, and they consider it a boy outfit.

Nancy May 12, 2009 at 6:35 pm

bugs vs Harley Davidson leathers? Yeah, I guess the leathers would be more masculine. 😎 I think he’s adorable in bugs! Anyway, as my husband used to say, little boys wear costumes, not outfits. LOL!

Therese May 12, 2009 at 6:42 pm

As the mother of 3 sons, that outfit is totally boy!

Angela May 12, 2009 at 7:49 pm

It’s a boy outfit. If it were girls it would have pink ruffles instead of orange seams. And Jessica is right, girls wear lady bugs.

kristi May 12, 2009 at 8:08 pm

I really don’t think this outfit is girly at all!

Karen May 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Not girly in the least! And I must say that in all honesty, Elias has to be one of the most photogenic children aroun!

Anonymous May 12, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Why be gender specific? I love the outfit! Who cares if it looks a little girly.

junglewife May 12, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Too cute! I don’t think it’s girly at all. It’s definitely “baby” – not a “big kid” boy outfit – but perfect for a baby boy!

for the caption… I don’t know… someone’s probably already said it, but this one just begs for a “Say ‘AAAAAH’, Mommy!”

amanda May 12, 2009 at 8:58 pm

my kids always destroy the paper as well. we just recently announced we’re expecting a baby. our first four kids are a, b, c and d. so next is obviously going to be e. i love your son’s name. how do you pronounce it? i’ve heard one elias before and it was like ellis. so i’m just wondering how you pronounce it. :0) thanks. and i do not think those bugs are by any means girly!!

Anonymous May 12, 2009 at 9:03 pm

I bet he didn’t look this way AFTER the shot!
Paula

Traci May 12, 2009 at 9:25 pm

sorry matt.. definitely boyish bugs.

Cheryl May 12, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Love the picture. The outfit is obviously a boy’s.

As for the caption:

Look Mom, cherry flavored. (My son’s doctor uses cherry flavored tongue depressers and he loves them.)

Kelley May 12, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Totally a boys outfit! He is so cute.

teasinglydiverse May 12, 2009 at 10:40 pm

looks like some manly bugs to me :) or, at least as manly as a baby outfit can be!

Roxanne May 12, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Definitely a BOY outfit!!

If Matthew doesn’t believe you or all the comments….then you still can prove him wrong!! You may have a daughter, so try putting that outfit on her. He will so agree with the rest of us very quickly!!!

What a cutie little Elias is, too!

Brooke May 12, 2009 at 11:56 pm

How about “Buggin’ the Doctor”?

I don’t think it’s girly, I love creature patterns on boys. I get annoyed that there tends to be HEAPS more girl clothes in the stores, than boys. Robots are very IN here at the moment, but I like the bugs.

Taunya May 13, 2009 at 12:43 am

not at all girly!

Carrie B May 13, 2009 at 1:23 am

My husband agrees with Matthew, I agree with you. Go figure!

meg2106 May 13, 2009 at 2:29 am

I love the outfit for a boy! My nine month old son has the same outfit. 😉

rebecca May 13, 2009 at 2:42 am

Definitely a boy’s outfit. I wouldn’t put those bugs on my little girl, Matthew. LOL!

Elias is SO cute :)

Anonymous May 13, 2009 at 4:12 am

Not at all girly!

Catherine May 13, 2009 at 5:08 am

Oh my goodness, he is adORable!!!

And I agree with you! Not a girly outfit in the least, I would NEVER have put that buggy outfit on my girl! It is perfect for a baby boy, however.

As for a caption.. how about…

“hey, Doc, YOU open up, buddy!”

Catherine May 13, 2009 at 5:09 am

PS: I hope he did ok after his shots, poor baby!! :( I hate when they get their shots!! *kisses*

Steve & Nancy May 13, 2009 at 6:40 am

Not girly at all!! It’s all boy :)

LeslieinTN May 13, 2009 at 11:58 am

ITA about girls wearing ladybugs, butterflies, etc. I think the outfit is cute.

The Rowe Family May 13, 2009 at 12:33 pm

No caption idea, but man the child has a smile that lights up his entire face. His photos always make me smile. What a cutie pie! I like the bugs too :)!

eclairemom May 13, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Not girly at all! And, you can definetly tell he is a boy by the way he is waying those tongue depressors around like a couple of swords ready for a good play fight:) Your pics of Elias always bring a smile to my face! Thanks for sharing them!

Tonia May 13, 2009 at 1:36 pm

“So this is what it’s like to be Wolverine!”

That is my not so clever attempt at captioning your picture!!

Okay, so I don’t think the outfit is girly what so ever. But if your husband says it is girly it may be since he is a guy!! Some guys don’t give input on many things so when they do they really have passion about what they talk about! :)

Tonia May 13, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I hope that made sense, it is not coming out the way I hear it in my head. :)

lindseyreadenobles May 13, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Definitely not girly!

Kelly May 13, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I got your back .. BUGS are so NOT girly! If Matthew thinks that’s girly, he would never let Elias wear some of my Grant’s clothes. I am all about some jon-jon’s and when he was a baby, he wore smoked bubbles with boy things. No matter how BOY the outfit, everyone always asked how old my little girl was. I would say 3 becuase his big sister was 3 at the time but HE is xx months old. The funny thing is when my little girl was a baby, everyone thought she was a boy no matter how frilly and pink her dress.

Paul & Angela Jenkins May 13, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Sorry but I will disagree. From a distance you can’t see the bugs that clearly but you see the orange trim. Orange usually associated w/ girls. When I saw the pix up close I thought yeah boy BUT who gets that close? In a stroller or something I would have thought girl.

Mama M May 13, 2009 at 8:27 pm

He’s so adorable!!! Definately NOT a girly outfit… I have the same one for my little one! :-)

I could imagine Elias thinking “Open up and say “Ahh” Mama!”

Simply Complex May 14, 2009 at 2:01 am

um, no that is not girly. and i am not just saying that. promise.

The Belton Family May 14, 2009 at 2:50 am

The bugs are not girly at all. I have an 11 month old little boy that wears bugs all the time. (especially on PJ’s). When the bugs are random bugs, and not lady bugs, and also in primary colors, they are for a boy. The outfit is just too cute!

Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Definitely not girly. My 2.5-year-old nephew likes to wear pink, his sister’s Hannah Montana shirts, and her princess dresses. So I don’t think Matthew has anything to worry about. :-)

Rachel May 14, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Nope, not girly at all. Really, that looks just like a boys’ outfit.
If there was pink, ladybugs, butterflies…I could see his point, but this looks like a little boys’ outfit.

Sorry about the shots. Those are always sad times.

Tasha May 15, 2009 at 4:01 am

Umm,that is so NOT girly.What a sweetie pie!

Anonymous May 16, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Adorable picture!!! And no, the outfit is not girly at all…

Emily R. May 28, 2009 at 2:49 am