A Boy After My Own Heart

by jessicaturner on May 6, 2009

Lasagna has ALWAYS been one of my favorite foods. This weekend I made lasagna and since we are slowly introducing table food, we thought it made sense to let Elias try some. It was his first taste of beef and Italian sauce. He LOVED it. As in, let me take handfuls and try to shove it all in my face, only to get 98% on my bib loved it.

My grandpa was 100% Italian, making me 25%, but it has always been my favorite part of my heritage to claim. I wonder if it will be Elias’s too. Regardless, it looks like we have a fan of Italian pasta on our hands.

What one table food did your kids love when they were little?

________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Ruthie May 6, 2009 at 5:15 pm

We put some orange sherbet (from a push-pop) into Riley’s mesh chewy thingy [official name, I know! :) the mesh thing you can put fruit chunks in…], and OH MY GOODNESS! He chewed and chewed and chewed, then he sucked on his hands to get every last taste! It was so cute. He kept signing “more” too! He’s usually too stubborn to sign at meal time, but now I know he knows how! :)

Ruthie

Lauren Kelly May 6, 2009 at 5:46 pm

love, love, love it!!! how precious are those pictures!!!! :)

gitz May 6, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I’m a fan of lasagna, but I’m a BIGGER fan of cute little boys eating lasagna :)

Faye May 6, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Jessica,these are precious.Hope you have a very Blessed Mothers Day! Blessings, Faye

Rebecca Louise. May 6, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I remember my niece loving spaghetti. It went everywhere but she loved the texture so it made her eat more and want less breast milk. I remember my sister (very rarely) feeding her custard with one of her favourite fruits in. That always went down well!

Loving the pictures.

Becca xo

Angela May 6, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Those pictures are so cute. I don’t have any like that because my son isn’t a huge fan of red sauce. Although he likes alfredo and noodles.
Isabella’s never had it, but we are having spaghetti tonight so I will try some on her. Maybe I can get some cute pictures too! And if sissy’s doing it maybe brother will join in the fun.

Julia Brown May 6, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I found your link from straight2heaven.com! We haven’t gotten to much finger food yet – just started with cooked carrots :). I’ll have to get back to you with a favorite!

Patti May 6, 2009 at 11:49 pm

Lasagna is my favorite too, Stoeffer’s to be exact. Sometimes I make it just so I can have leftovers for lunch the next day, second day Italian food is always even better in my opinion!!

Southern Gal May 7, 2009 at 3:14 am

My daughter went through a spell where she would eat nothing but muffins or mashed potatoes. KFC mashed potatoes…yuck!!

He’s so stinking cute!

Kelsey May 7, 2009 at 7:11 pm

My kids loved mexican food. Mainly black beans, avocados and cheese enchiladas. All very soft, easy to mash/chew…

We use the mesh thingy too, I pop in frozen peaches. Our little guy (almost 10 months) LOVES them. And they aren’t as messy as say a frozen blueberry or strawberry would be;)…

jayfersgirl May 9, 2009 at 7:25 am

Did he handle lasagna okay? No tummy upset or anything? That’s some pretty heavy food for a little guy…but man, I’m with him — love lasagna!:)