B’Gosh Baby

by jessicaturner on March 11, 2009

I spent most of my childhood growing up in Oshkosh, Wisconsin – as in Oshkosh B’Gosh. B’Gosh is very popular in Wisconsin, and maybe was even more popular in the 80s when I was a kid. I had a lot of cute B’Gosh stuff.

Therefore, it was only fitting that my mom buy Elias is first B’Gosh overalls. I was worried that he would grow out of them before it would be nice enough to wear them, but it was 80 in Nashville yesterday, so you bet I put those B’Gosh bibs on him.

And then I took pictures. (And Matthew took pictures of the two of us.)

Weird, I know. :)

_______________________________________
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Angela March 11, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Not weird at all! I do that same thing! In fact I need to make my way to the OshKosh store soon. Both kids have grown out of their bibs and I need shorts this time. We have an outlet in town and that is so nice to have.
Our first family picture featured the kids in their oshkosh, Charles was in Blue and Isabella was in pink. It’s the cutest picture.

Cheeziemommie March 11, 2009 at 4:40 pm

So stinkin cute! I love that brown!I miss my kids wearing oshkosh bibs :( My daughter had the pink & white striped dress style when she was Elias' age :)
It is funny to me that you call the bran B'Gosh when I have always gone my whole life calling it OshKosh.
I had no idea there was a town by that name! :)

Lauren Kelly March 11, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Seriously, Jessica, Elias is precious! He could so be a B’Gosh baby model :o)

Melissa March 11, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I love any and everything Oshkosh. Most of my kids clothes were Oshkosh. My now twenty year old had those classic stripes that Elias is wearing in several colors. Never mind the regular denims and the prints with matching shirts. Even much of his dress stuff for church was Oshkosh. I handed them down to the other 2 boys because they last forever. Of course my daughter got all the cute girly ones. My last 3 were 90s babies and Oshkosh stuff was still popular then. I’ve saved a few back for their kids. Because, you know, a great pair of overalls never goes out of style (at least on a baby/kid). Or maybe because I’m just a little strange.

Anyway, I love the pictures. Elias is adorable as always. And thanks for the memories of my sweet babies in their Oshkosh B’Gosh. (I could even sing you the jingle.) Now that’s weird! Or perhaps slightly obsessed. I did tell you I love Oskkosh everything. :)

Rebecca Louise. March 11, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Aww! Mumma and baby look so cute!!! X.

Jess :) March 11, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Too cute and would any of us expect anything other than pictures?!?! I don’t think so! Therefore, please continue snapping away any ‘ol time you’d like…you know, just like you do now!!!

My mom loved OshKosh, as well…especially since we used to live in WI. So, part of our (me and my sis) wardrobe, too!

Give Elias a BIG squeeze for me!

gitz March 11, 2009 at 6:30 pm

So stinkin cute! I love me some Osh Kosh B’Gosh bibs… nothing cuter. Especially when their on little E.

lovinsanta March 11, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I love the OshKosh bibs and think they are every so cute. I lived in Waupaca WI for about a year after marriage, and we used to drive down to OshKosh. Of course, I believe that year every one of the nieces got something from OshKosh for Christmas.

Elias is so handsome in his bibs!

Heather in IN

Sarah March 11, 2009 at 7:53 pm

He’s such a doll baby!
Love the bibs, mine all wore osh kosh bibs as babies too.:)

Jennifer March 11, 2009 at 7:54 pm

You look so cute! Both of you!

amanda March 11, 2009 at 9:10 pm

i’ve been reading/stalking for awhile and never knew you grew up in oshkosh. i live right across the lake. :0) anywho. super cute pics.

Andrea March 11, 2009 at 9:14 pm

The striped ones are my favorite (in either shorts or pants (bibs of course). Super cute pic’s:)

Kristina March 11, 2009 at 9:21 pm

The cutest baby!!!!

LeslieinTN March 11, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Awww, those are cute photos! My kids had the B’Gosh overalls and even a jumper for my daughter.

Katie March 12, 2009 at 12:50 am

Sooo adorable! His little expression when you are kissing him is priceless. I love B’Gosh! There’s just something about little boys in bib overalls. When we found out we were having a boy, I bought him a teeny pair of them.

Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 1:59 am

Jessica….Now Nana is happy seeing my little grandson in his bibs…and I’d like to think he is getting those kisses from me! :) xoxoxo miss you guys Mom

Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 2:00 am

P.S. Love the little wisps of hair growing over the ears …Mom

Michele March 12, 2009 at 2:07 am

Love the photos – that cutie doesn’t seem to mind at all!
And you look great… how did you lose all your baby weight?!?

Kelley March 12, 2009 at 2:09 am

Those pictures are just precious! Thanks for posting about EarCheck. I didn’t know anything about it. I ordered one and used the coupon code you gave. Thanks so much for telling us about this. I can’t wait for mine to come in.

petrii March 12, 2009 at 11:08 am

Jessica,
He is so stinkin’ cute I can’t stand it!!! Oh my Gosh B’Gosh — love those!!

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Kelli March 12, 2009 at 11:58 am

oh I just adore babies in overalls.