Awesome Scarves

by jessicaturner on February 16, 2009

My sister, Melissa, recently learned how to knit and has become a knitting fool. She made everyone a scarf for Christmas – even Elias! So Sunday afternoon we headed to the park to take some pictures of the newly engaged couple and some “scarf” pictures. Here are my favorite scarf shots. Pay particular attention to Elias’ scarf. It is so cute!!

Melissa also put together this amazing knitting kit for me. She started to teach me last night, and I only did so so. I wish she were staying a little longer. (Everyone leaves this morning.) She has taken to knitting they way I love scrapbooking. I love seeing her be so passionate about her hobby.

It was so nice having my family here. They love us and Elias so much. We will miss them.
________________________________________
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Lauren Kelly February 16, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Awwww, those pictures were sooo beautiful. Glad you had such a good time with everyone!!!! :o)

Mary Lou February 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Exciting times ahead for your family! So glad you all had such a memorable time together! Love the scarves!

Jacky February 16, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Oh, that’s cute! =) I only knit a little, my true passion is for crocheting. But it’s similar! And I make blankets instead of scarves. =)

Kristin February 16, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Does your sis use the “Knifty Knitter”?? If you haven’t seen or heard of this it is AWESOME and makes making scarves and blankets SOOOO easy!! Great pics! :)

Abigail Hutchinson February 16, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Oh wow! Ya’ll are all so cute! I love all the scarves!!!! and Elias in a scarf…only the cutest thing ever! hehehe! Love it!
I bet you are sad to see them go :(
At least you got this time with them…and your sister got engaged!!!! wooo hoooo!!!!
hehe! Happy Monday,
Abigail
Oh PS: I have been using the knifty knitter that Kristin commented about…I have made 10 scarves in about a month and it is so fun and easy!

Jackie February 16, 2009 at 4:11 pm

The scarves are awesome.
Elias is as stinkin' cute, as ever !
Congrats to your sissy & fiance.
She is gorgeous !
Happy belated Valentine's Day to your and yours.
And, Merry 'February' Christmas to all. :-)

Angela W February 16, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Great pictures! The scarves look awesome. I know my brother tried to teach me a long time ago, but I could never really pick it up.

Rachel E. February 16, 2009 at 5:56 pm

What beautiful family portraits! You and your sister look so much alike!

gitz February 16, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Fantastic scarves, Melissa!!!

Man, when you girls take on hobbies you seriously excel. I’m so glad you all had such a good weekend together. Warms my heart.

Rebecca Louise. February 16, 2009 at 9:56 pm

You have a beautiful family and Elias’s scarf! Super Cute!

Your sister and her new fiance make such a lovely couple! X.

Amie February 17, 2009 at 1:27 am

Your sister has such a familiar face to me, and I finally realized she reminds me of one of the sisters in the group BarlowGirl. Maybe it’s just me :) Anyway, she’s gorgeous..so are you!

Ange February 17, 2009 at 8:57 am

Well done Melissa on learning to knit! Everyone looks so happy and snuggly-buggly in their new scarves! Elias looks particularly cute in his!!

Nanette R. February 18, 2009 at 5:49 am

Great scarves! I very much admire those who can do needlecrafts well, but I love papercrafts as my favorite hobby. One time I was invited to a friend’s house for a craft night. Everyone else was doing needlecrafts while I made cards. I was amazed at all the “stuff” they had (tools, yarns, books/magazines) that were comparable to all the “stuff” I have for scrapbooking and card-making. Of course, they could sit in one chair and knit, while I had to try to work on a very small tabletop workspace. I’ll bet they don’t need an entire trunk to carry all their stuff to a crop (or whatever you call a crop where you knit)! :-)