25 Random Facts About Me

by jessicaturner on January 25, 2009

Several of my friends have tagged me to list 25 random facts about myself. So, in no particular order, here are the first 25 things that come to mind.

1. I was selected to represent Wisconsin and go to a national camp called Girls Nation when I was 16 and got to meet President Clinton at the White House. I remember it like it was yesterday.
  2. Last night I dreamed I met Michelle Obama and asked if I could take my picture with her. I assured her I would only use it my scrapbooks. (of course I did. Nice, Jess)
  3. I don’t like e-cards. I like the real thing.
  4. I do like e-vites though because I like quick responses when I am planning a party or event of some kind.
  5. I wish I could have several careers: wedding planner, teacher, corporate executive at a big company
  6. Sometimes I wish I were a stay-at-home mom, though I know working is a much better option for me – I need the kind of creative stimulation I get at work.
  7. I love dairy. I guess this is because I grew up in Wisconsin.
  8. I think all kids should own a pair of Oshkosh B’Gosh overalls.
  9. I usually commit to too many things.
  10. My favorite movie is Anne of Green Gables. I identify so much with Anne. In fact, the summer of 7th grade, I watched it almost every day of summer. My younger sister considered it torture.
  11. I took cake decorating classes after I got married. I can make some mean frosting now. (Michaels offers cake decorating classes really reasonably. I think this is a skill I will use for many years and am so glad I did it.)
  12. I have an extremely high gag reflux. I can hardly change dirty diapers. Me in a cow or horse barn at state fair is NOT a good mix.
  13. I knew I loved Matthew almost immediately.
  14. I own more scrapbooking supplies than I will probably ever be able to use, yet, I will probably buy more. I have a weakness for beautifully designed paper.
  15. I hate to dust.
  16. I love clean sheets that smell like bleach.
  17. I want to skydive some day, though I think when I am in the plane I will be scared out of my mind.
  18. I enjoy cooking, but don’t try a lot of new recipes.
  19. My top love language is words of affirmation, followed by quality time.
  20. I am a morning person, big time.
  21. I am results oriented. This can be a good and a bad thing.
  22. I want to visit these places: NYC, California, Williamsburg, Boston, Italy, France, England, Prince Edward Island.
  23. I can’t wait to take Elias to Disney World.
  24. Matthew says I am a happier person if I am reading a book. This is probably true.
  25. I almost never buy clothes at full-price.

What are some random facts about you?
________________________________________
Twitter me – I’m JessicaNTurner

Southern Gal January 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Thanks for sharing!

I won’t list 25 here, but I have to say I see some similarities here.
I love Anne of Green Gables. Never watched it until my oldest (my only girl) was five. She loves it still to this day. Although Pride and Prejudice is what we pick to watch together now since she’s almost 20.

I’m happier when I’m reading a good book.

I would love to see Italy and Prince Edward Island.

It was fun reading your random facts.

Anonymous January 25, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I love you very much….I knew most of those things about you and I want to visit Prince Edward Island too…and of course…I love spending time with Elias!!!! xoox Mom

Rachel January 25, 2009 at 2:55 pm

This was a really fun list! I too have a hard time spending full price on an article of clothing. And I also know what you mean about reading a book. It just stimulates my mind and makes me happy!

Does This Make Me a Grown Up? January 25, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Awesome list. I’m also a huge Anne of Green Gables fan! My sister and I could probably recite it line for line. I also want to sky dive, but I haven’t gotten up the gumption to do anything about it yet. If you ever decide to visit Williamsburg give me a heads up and I’ll show you around! It’s an awesome place!

Amanda

Jodi January 25, 2009 at 3:27 pm

I just did this on my blog too! (www.jodithegirl.blogspot.com) Love your list!

MandieGirl January 25, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I have a bad gag reflex, too. My hubby and I went to Carlsbad Caverns 2 years ago, and I do not suggest anyone who gags easy to go anywhere there are lots of bats! I felt like I was going to be sick the entire time!!! Does this mean you are extremely sensitive to smells, too? I am.

Karla January 25, 2009 at 7:38 pm

What a neat list!

I share some commonalities, too.

I am happier when reading a good book (mostly NONfiction, anymore).

I love Anne of Green Gables, too. (Even my boys, ages 11 and 8, don’t mind watching it with me!)

I have a bit of a gag reflex, too. When I was pregnant with my daughter, who is 5 now, brushing my teeth and grocery shopping were torture. I smelled things at the store I had never noticed before!

I really like it when people address me by name, when they say “hi!”. I am trying to teach my kids to do the same to others. It is respectful and means a lot.

Thanks for sharing!

Wibeche og Rune January 25, 2009 at 8:40 pm

i love your list:)

This is my first time I visit your blog, and you have an interesting blog:)

Be welcome to visit ours.

Wibeche

vaneblu January 25, 2009 at 9:08 pm

I listed 25 Random Facts about Our Wedding in my blog today :)

Elizabeth January 25, 2009 at 9:24 pm

So I don’t know you, but your blog is adorable and my husband and I are huge fans of Matthew. So you are officially invited to visit us in Boston!

Open your Eyes. January 25, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I’m afraid I am with your sister about the Anne of Green Gables. She loves it and because of seeing it so much, I too consider it torture! Although, I love the smell of clean sheets and I am desperate to visit NYC and Sydney! Thanks for sharing, Jess! X.

Karen January 25, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Check out my random 25 on my blog

karenmalloy.blogspot.com

S. January 26, 2009 at 12:31 am

Jessica,
It was great meeting you this morning. I appreciated the opportunity to sit with you all crosspoint and the opportunity to meet a blog friend in real life… I will keep you all informed about the moving options…or just visit my blog…

Oh..and Elias was just as cute in person (if not cuter) than his pics….

Be Blessed!!!

gitz January 26, 2009 at 12:40 am

I loved this… and totally agree about Oshkosh B’Gosh. Cutest little overalls ever.

Here’s something I can’t believe but is totally true: my English-major, book loving, movie watching self has never see Anne of Green Gables. It now has become my New Year’s resolution to rectify that.

Would you please add Iowa to your list of places you want to travel? Even if you never come, I like the illusion of it. :)

Hope January 26, 2009 at 1:09 am

Jessica-
I LOVE Anne of Green Gables too! The version with Meaghan Follows is wonderful! I actually got the DVD set last Christmas and have really enjoyed watching it again! Anne is one of my favorite characters in literature!

Also, I live in CA, and have been to France and Italy-you will love them all when you visit! I’d LOVE to visit Prince Edward Island too!
Thanks for sharing your random facts with us!

Lauren Kelly January 26, 2009 at 2:58 am

Jessica, loved learning more about you with this list :) :)

SECRET AGENT MAMA January 26, 2009 at 1:52 pm

If anyone buys clothes at full price then they are really not savvy! 😉

We. Are. Savvy.

I just like saying that!

Danielle January 26, 2009 at 4:02 pm

I mean…Anne of Green Gables…my favorite!! I just watched it the other day and it brought back such wonderful memories. AND I agree…I am much happier when I have a good book on hand. Love, love to escape into the world of reading. Thanks for sharing your random facts!

Lindsay January 26, 2009 at 7:02 pm

I took a Wilton cake decorating course at a Michael’s right after I was married too! I had dreams of becoming a cake decorator, but alas, my hands are too warm and when I hold the piping bags I melt the frosting.

Those skills and saved materials did come in handy for my daughter’s first birthday cake though!

Rachel E. January 26, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I loved the Anne of Green Gables books & movie, too. What did you think of the last movie, where they departed from the books a little and have Anne go to war to find Gilbert?

Terroni January 27, 2009 at 5:51 am

2 random facts about the way NYC reminds me of bloggers…

I passed a shop that sells beautiful ties yesterday, and I thought of a butch blogger I know who wears gorgeous, expensive ties to her office job every day.

I passed a Kate’s Paper today, and I thought of YOU. Although I know very little about the art (or is it the sport?) of scrapbooking, I know that it is done (at least in part) with paper. I’m not sure if it’s Kate’s Paper paper (for all I know, you scrapbookers might think Kate is a total loser), but I thought of you nonetheless.

mary h. January 27, 2009 at 7:27 pm

My 25 are on Facebook. I too want to go to Italy and Boston is at the top right along with Greece. I am trying my hardest to use up what scrap supplies I have before buying any new stuff. It’s hard though with all the new coming out.

Kelly January 27, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. My husband took me to Prince Edward Island a few years ago for my birthday. It was just as great as I imagined. The island is still mostly undeveloped and I can see why L.M. Montgomery and of course Anne loved it so much.

Maryland Mommy January 27, 2009 at 8:52 pm

something weird about me…well, my husband thinks it is weird that I don’t like to eat things I have to pick off of a bone and i really don’t like mint..of any kind!

Jaimeson January 28, 2009 at 3:45 am

You are more than welcome to use our guest bedroom and bath should you want to come to Williamsburg Va! I live in Richmond!
Love the Blog!

Adventures In Babywearing January 29, 2009 at 2:52 pm

You know, I can’t believe I’ve still never watched Anne Of Green Gables! (And I can’t believe I’m admitting it here!)

Steph