Oh My Goodness!

by jessicaturner on December 9, 2008

Kim from Today’s Creative Blog profiled this blog and The Best in Baby Scrapbooking today! I am soooo thrilled and honored. The talent she features is amazing, so to be included is humbling.

Thank you Kim. :)
Check out her kind words here
If you haven’t done so, be sure to leave a comment below to win one of the Elle’s Studio/DCWV prize packs.
Oh, and Elias has been really constipated lately, so our pediatrician said we needed to start giving him some prunes every day. He was NOT a fan. Matthew and I were laughing so hard. We are still going to hold off on other solids a little longer (see my post about introducing solids here).

These pictures will make a GREAT scrapbook page. They are also going in my Daily December album.

Cathy December 9, 2008 at 6:39 am

I seen the post of kims blog and had to come over. Love the prune pics. My son loved them, as I was surprised. An ounce of prune juice really helped him out when he was younger, your little one might like that better.

gitz December 9, 2008 at 6:57 am

Oh my God, there is just no better medicine for me in the world than your son. Those are HILARIOUS!!!

And YEA YOU… I’m so darn proud of you it’s ridiculous. I hope you’re enjoying this week that you’ve worked so hard for. :)

AuBien December 9, 2008 at 9:56 am

CONGRATULATIONS! Your blog is definitely deserving of this award! And your pictures today made me smile, smile, smile! Thanks for the giveaway!

Stephanie December 9, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Congrats on your kind words!! You deserve them!

Allie can’t stand baby food! Even after a couple of weeks she still can’t stand it. I really don’t blame them though..it really is horrible! Have you tried Karo syrup in the milk? We’ve had to do that with Allie and trust me IT WORKS!

Ginny December 9, 2008 at 12:48 pm

I saw that yesterday, good for you!

Casey December 9, 2008 at 1:45 pm

so cute! for some reason my kids always liked prunes.

and congrats on being featured! crazy that she featured you the same day I discovered your site :)

Christi December 9, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Those pics are too funny! Our son was that way with peaches. We actually got it on video. It made us laugh so hard too. :)

Rachel Boldman December 9, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Zeke hated prunes (and all solids) at first. What did the trick and helped him accept the solid foods (gross vegetables included) was feeding him the solids BEFORE nursing. Not in the morning, because after sleeping at night he is way too desperate for food to wait to nurse…but at one of his afternoon feedings I woke him up from his nap, picked him straight up out of his crib, put him in the high chair and put the spoon in his face. Since he was hungry, he was more willing to try it, and now he likes all solids. I think it is also a matter of texture. The taste may be okay to them, but they have to get used to the thick, strange texture of that gross stuff. Prunes everyday sure does the trick, though! Happy diaper changing! :)

Katherine December 9, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Pears worked great for my kids and are a little more appetizing

vaneblu December 9, 2008 at 3:18 pm

LOVE those pictures, please when you do that scrapbook page share it with us, I bet it will be lovely!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) December 9, 2008 at 4:03 pm

that face cracks me up and makes me feel pity for him at the same time! poor guy, but so cute!
congrats on the recognition! exciting!

Gina December 9, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Diluted prune juice works great too. My pediatrician told me 1/2 and 1/2….works like Drano! Woo Hoo! Maybe he’d like that better.

SandyL December 9, 2008 at 5:29 pm

This is so precious.. I think I would try prune juice instead of feeding him the prunes…lol

lifelaughsandlove December 9, 2008 at 6:53 pm

First food pics are some of the cutest ones out there :) Madeline loved prunes, surprisingly enough, but I guess they weren’t the first thing we gave her! Maybe prunes as a first food is traumatizing :)

Lynette C December 9, 2008 at 9:53 pm

So cute. Reminds me of my own when they were little like that.

April December 9, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Congrats on your Today's Creative Blog feature!! I am a friend of a friend of Beth R.'s :) Your work is so awesome & your little boy is such a cutie!

Karen Rangel December 10, 2008 at 4:10 am

My kids never liked the prunes but as soon as they were walking they were eating hot salsa like there was no tomorrow. We would have to make sure they didn’t eat too much because they wouldn’t stop on their own. LOL

Mama M December 10, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Oh my… those are PRECIOUs pictures!! Love those faces… what a character!!

Pamela December 10, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Congratulations! Great pictures.

Have a great day.

pscole3467 at gmail dot com

Kristina December 11, 2008 at 12:03 am

I can’t wait to see the new scrapbooking page you will have set up for this one. I loved the pictures, they put a smile on my face while I was having a rough day.

jeanie nieva December 11, 2008 at 12:37 am
DeAnne December 11, 2008 at 3:09 am

I just love when we get to start feeding our babies strained food and all the yummy faces that they share with us.

Thanks,
De Anne B

Erin December 11, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Fun, fun, fun baby stuff!

Lana Day December 12, 2008 at 7:23 am

Yum Yum! Congrats

Michelle Laulu December 12, 2008 at 7:41 am

I’m dealing with solid food for our son too. Suprisingly he lives chicken better than fruit!

s zuklich December 12, 2008 at 12:22 pm

so absolutely adorable! even if he hates them, he makes the best faces!

Debbie December 12, 2008 at 1:49 pm

I have never commented before, but I’m a daily reader of your blog. Your son is just ADORABLE, and LOVE the scrapbooking you do!

nickandstaci December 12, 2008 at 8:31 pm

What cute picture! We did Pears with my daughter and she loved them!

PamS December 14, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Your son is just so cute. Those pictures will make a great layout.