Love It #6:: Wondertime Magazine

by jessicaturner on December 4, 2008

Matthew and I are magazine junkies. We get a plethora of them in a variety of topics – scrapbooking (shocker!), men’s, women’s, entertainment, fitness (I should read those) and more. When I got pregnant, I signed up for a bunch of parenting magazines – Parents, Baby Talk, Wondertime, Working Mother and one or two others.

While I like certain aspects of each of the parenting magazines I subscribe to, Wondertime far exceeds them all. It is basically like Real Simple, only all about parenting. It has great tips, creative projects, yummy recipes, is very well written and beautifully designed. I devour it every month. I think this is a GREAT shower gift for an expectant mom and actually would make a great Christmas gift for any mom (with kids under eight). I love giving magazines as Christmas gifts because they give all year!

Your turn:
What parenting magazines do you like? Why do you like them?

Rebecca December 4, 2008 at 5:25 pm

I love Wondertime…I have been meaning to subscribe. I buy a few different parenting magazines off the stand depending on the cover issues. Parents is the only one I have by subscription. Why? No reason. Someone bought it for me when I had my son & I always renewed. For projects and crafts, I like Wondertime better though. This is a good reminder for me to subscribe! (Other than that, we have a zillion magazines at our house!)

rebecca December 4, 2008 at 5:59 pm

I just subscribed online…can’t wait to start receiving it. Thanks! :)

Jim and Lynn December 4, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I’ll have to check out Wondertime; thanks for the suggestion! As Elias gets older you may want to check out Family Fun magazine. It has cute, fun ideas in it.
Lynn

Amy December 4, 2008 at 7:47 pm

I have never (before now) heard of Wondertime. Thanks! I will check it out!

Hi, I'm Amy! December 5, 2008 at 1:28 am

I’ve never heard of this magazine before. I’m totally hoing to check it out… right now :)

And by the way, I used to be amynicholeturner!

Hall Family in MD December 5, 2008 at 3:27 am

I have never read Wondertime, but loved Parenting magazine. Hey – Jessica, I sent you an email about scrapbooking newspaper articles. Did you get it?? I’d like your advice. Thanks!

JasonI December 5, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Wondertime is our absolute favorite around here! My husband discovered how great it is, and now we fight over the new issue. :) He particularly loves the creative photography and graphics. We typically aren’t impressed with Disney products, but this one is worth a try.
–Elizabeth

Katie December 5, 2008 at 3:25 pm

I subscribed to Wondertime when it first came out (probably about two years a ago) and was disappointed with it. It seemed to have a lot of fluff and little substance. I wonder if they have improved it since then? I agree with Lynn that Family Fun is a great magazine for older children. My four year old daughter always finds lots of crafts/games/baking projects to do from it.
Katie

jayfersgirl December 6, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Yes, Wondertime is great. I randomly started getting Working Mother magazine in the mail, no idea how. I’m a stay-at-home mom, but I actually really enjoy that magazine too:)