I Love Black Friday!

by jessicaturner on November 28, 2008

Black Friday is one of my favorite shopping days of the year. I love getting up early, finding great deals and feeling like I am smartly spending our dollars. With things being especially tight this year, making good buying decisions and not overbuying was particularly important to me.

A friend told me that you can buy coupons on eBay (I had no idea!). Well, I found this person who sells $5 Kohls cash coupons! So, a few weeks a go, I bought 20 coupons ($100 worth) for $17 (which I mentioned here). I bought several Christmas gifts for Elias and a few other things using those coupons, as well as shared some with my family.

For Black Friday shopping, I went back to the seller’s site and bought another 20 (this time for just $10!) and had a blast finding great deals to put them toward. :) I boy did I find the deals! (We basically went to several Kohls a bunch of times to use the coupons, since only one could be used per transaction. I am such a dork, but we saved SO much money).

Check it out.

If I had bought everything at full price it would have cost me $225. Including the $10 I paid for the coupons, I spent just $43! Isn’t that amazing?!

Do you like shopping on Black Friday? If so, what kind of deals did you find?

Amy November 29, 2008 at 12:41 am

that IS amazing!!! Good for you!

gitz November 29, 2008 at 1:10 am

HOLY CRAP! You seriously saved a fortune… and I so would have traveled around to different Kohl’s with you to save the money. Seriously brilliant.

But PLEASE tell me you at least bought one sweater for yourself this time instead of buying everything for little E. :)

valerie November 29, 2008 at 2:06 am

the yankee candle outlet store opened at midnight with a sale of large jar candles. it was 4 for $44 or 6 for $60! PLUS they took an additional 20% off your total purchase… on what would have cost me over $125, i spent just $55!

Therese November 29, 2008 at 3:11 am

I avoid it if I can! I finished my shopping 3 weeks ago…got lots of great deals and no stress!

Dani November 29, 2008 at 3:18 am

I LOVE Black Friday…it to is one of my most favorite shopping times of the year…it’s a tradition for us. We too went to Kohls and I got some towels for a wedding gift and a picture frame. We of course went to Target…I also got these super cute black shoes for myself that were only 8 bucks…I was excited about that. :) Newaz…thanks for sharing your day with us. :)

Love ya, Dani

Jessica Turner November 29, 2008 at 6:07 am

Yep, I bought one sweater and one shirt for me. :)

Open your Eyes. November 29, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Your a dark horse in the shopping world Jessica! X.

Emily and Forrest November 30, 2008 at 3:08 pm

hey jessica…i finally got your scrapbooking button on my blog. hope i can make it in time for the freebies! thanks !!

Jenna November 30, 2008 at 4:05 pm

I saw a story on our local news in Seattle, it was ways to save money/get coupons online.
I got free address label(i pid shipping) and address labels for $1.99 no shipping. I also found great deals at shutterfly( we give a calander to grandparents every year)

Still Cross Photography November 30, 2008 at 9:46 pm

The best deal I got was a pair of jeans originally $44 for $13.20! And the best part is I was in line at Kohl’s (which was only 1/2 hour long) and the jeans has been thrown onto a rack and I was like oh these are cute! And luckily when I got home they fit! :)

How was your drive back, or are you not back yet?

yrt3foIUgIkBHEaztSwwdxZqBJY- November 30, 2008 at 11:17 pm

I love black friday, too! I actually am a crazy bargain shopper-I scoped the black friday ads earlier in the week and made a list of everything we were going to buy. This is the first year I have tried making an official printed list, and it really seemed to help. We got some great deals on stuff we needed and we did not overspend. Our best deal was a $200 electric blanket for $60! And now I am warm…LOL. :)
Jenn A.

jenkins_k08 December 1, 2008 at 5:57 pm

I did the coupon thing too and let me tell you how obsessed I am with kohls.com! :) i would have spent 355.00 & got everything for exactly 100 even! it was mostly clothes for my sister. ( she is getting married) so i had to buy her some cute new outfits for her honeymoon in vegas.