Elias and Daddy

by jessicaturner on November 14, 2008

Elias loves to sit in-between Matthew’s legs while he works on the computer. Matthew never does it for long periods (I am convinced it may fall into the same category as why tv is bad for babies), but Elias is always so content when he is snuggled with his Daddy. Here are a few pics I took of the two of them last night emphasis on Elias!).

You may be wondering about the little scratches on Elias’s face. Well people, we cannot get him to stop scratching himself in his sleep!! I file his nails or trim them every day, but literally, when he is asleep his hands are on his face. He has a bit of dryness on his scalp (which we lotion regularly) and his nose has been congested, so he rubs it a lot in frustration, I think. I wanted to get him those little mitts you can get for babies, but the packaging said not to use on babies older than three months.

Any suggestions? Our pediatrician and numerous others have told me not to fret about it, but I can’t help it.

Anna Willett November 14, 2008 at 3:56 pm

i think he is cute cute cute!! i got your husband’s book a week or so ago because of your blog. i told him that he should thank you. i just finished a book last night so his is up this weekend. i will let you know what i think…

quiltinhoney27 November 14, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Have you tried putting socks on him? I had to do this with my youngest. I’d tuck the sock under the arm of her sleeper at night.

Love your blog!
Michelle

Jenn November 14, 2008 at 5:53 pm

I too used socks and/or mittens on my three girls. All babies do this no matter how much you trim their nails!

Pascha November 14, 2008 at 6:57 pm

hi i just ran across your blog from angie’s blog…

and i have a 6 month old little boy, and i just have to make sure that he doesnt have any pointy places on his nails, usually on the sides. and i do cut his nails pretty much every day or they do get too long!

hope that help, Pascha

-brittany- November 14, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Have you seen the sleepers with the cuffs on them that pull over their hands? (for example: the kimono shirts that babies are put in at the hospital have the cuffs) Those work great.

Elias is a little cutie! He just gets cuter and cuter!

gitz November 14, 2008 at 8:04 pm

I’m thinking he’s my Lucky Charm. Because that boy is magically delicious. 😉

My friend Susie’s little boy scratched at the back of his neck a lot when he slept and they eventually figured out it was a problem with his ears… he needed tubes and had his adnoids out. Which makes me think E. is scratching because of his stuffiness. Poor little bug. I think I’d try the socks to prevent the scratches since you’re already doing everything you can for the stuffiness.

And then give him kisses from me. Thanks. :)

Open your Eyes. November 14, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Socks is a good idea =] x.

mamma2 November 15, 2008 at 1:51 am

I wonder if his face might be a little dry since his scalp is. Have you tried putting lotion on his face? We actually use Vaseline on our daughters face to help the dryness that she gets on it.

Michelle November 15, 2008 at 2:06 pm

For the dry scalp, also sometimes cradle cap… I put baby oil on Jorja’s head in the bath and take a baby brush (really soft) and it comes out and then I wash her hair to get it all out. Have your husband go to YouTube and watch funny video’s … my littlest loves to do that with daddy… especially the animal ones.

Rebecca November 15, 2008 at 9:23 pm

I LOVE the one with all of your hands on each others!!!!

Teach Me to Be Still November 20, 2008 at 7:48 am

My daughter still scratches at her face in her sleep and we, too, use Vaseline on her face at night. Just enough for the nails to “slip” on the face but not enough to ruin her sheets :-) It has helped alot and seems to soothe the small cuts she does manage to make.

Blessings-