We Interrupt Churched Week for Elias

by jessicaturner on October 10, 2008

My mom has been complaining that there have not been enough Elias pictures this week due to all the hoopla surrounding churched. :) SO, Mom, this one is for you. These pictures were all taken yesterday, as my sister, Melissa, and her boyfriend, Dan are in town. They had a blast baby-sitting for the peanut yesterday. They will be taking care of him today too. Tomorrow we are going to the pumpkin patch – I am sooo excited.

Elias loves Uncle Danny and Auntie Sissy
I love this picture of Elias stretching in his swing. Sweet baby.

This week Elias has finally gotten the hang of sucking his thumb. He has been trying to figure it out for about two months.

We went to Angie and Todd’s for dinner.
Todd was one of the 80 Nashvillians selected for the presidental town hall debate this week. SNL Thursday poked fun at the bald men in the audience. We watched it about 5 times.

Nana October 10, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Yeahhhhhh I love the pictures!!!!One cuter than the next :) love Mom

Gail October 10, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Awwwwww! I love the photos. Hi to all! Hope you are enjoying your time together! Love you guys.
Aunt Gail

Erin October 10, 2008 at 1:02 pm

holy cow your sister looks just like you!

Chatty October 10, 2008 at 1:24 pm

LOL, I was going to email Angie last night when I saw the SNL “bald men” joke!!

Elias is one seriously cute baby. Really. Love that he’s found his thumb!

Cari October 10, 2008 at 1:24 pm

I love that Todd made it on SNL. Now he really is famous!

oh Jess. i love the pic of elias on your facebook page with the pumpkins. So cute.

Walking by Faith October 10, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Your little man is the cutest!!! Also, hilarious about SNL…I’m going to have to go watch that!!! I watched Todd that night, I was even nervous watching!!~reader from Koxville;)

Baseballs and Tutu's October 10, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Love the pics!!!!

Great pics of your sister with Elias!

Jill October 10, 2008 at 3:05 pm

I’ve missed Elias pictures too, but I did purchase Churched yesterday…so the promoting has worked for me. :)

Carrie October 10, 2008 at 3:17 pm

He’s the cutest baby EVER!

Kelli October 10, 2008 at 4:45 pm

that’s awesome for your friend! HOW COOL! :)

I love the sucking the thumb pic, how big he’s getting! :)

Sara October 10, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Good job, Grandma (it might have been weird if I, a total stranger, said there needed to be more Elias) so thanks for speaking for all of us! :)

Great pictures … I love how in every photo you can practically feel the love and fun between all of you… so happy you are surround by such a great support system… and that they get to have you!

Have a great day…

Jackie October 10, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Auntie Sissy is absolutely gorgeous !

And, Elias….what can I say ?
Doll Baby, Cutie, Adorable, Precious, Sweetie, Squeeze-able, Kiss-able, Hug-able….well, you get the picture and of course, you already know all these things.

What a precious gift from God that you & Matthew have been given.

WIth Love…..

Catrina October 10, 2008 at 7:17 pm

I love Elias pictures! I agree with Mom, we could always use a few more! The second one, of him stretching cracked me up for some reason, it looks like he is playing marco polo!

Lissette October 10, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Beautiful couple and adorable baby of course.

Colette October 10, 2008 at 11:12 pm

Elias has the most expressive face, I love his face in the first one, he’s like ‘I’m such a pro at this’.

I see you’ve managed to teach him to look straight at the camera already, very impressed!

Your sister is absolutely stunning, good looks must run in the family!

Kim October 11, 2008 at 12:30 am

awww, so sweet!

Debbie October 11, 2008 at 2:45 am

Jessica….I just had a thought when I saw Elias with his thumb….YOU had your little finger up like that always when you were sucking your thumb….Isn’t that a fun little detail to pass on…I’m sure there will be lots more :) Mom

christi28 October 11, 2008 at 3:52 am

love all the new pic’s!

my son found his thumb when he was about 3 months old. he had a hard time mastering it though. it took him a good 2 or 3 weeks to figure out what to do with his other fingers but he finally did and i just think it is cutiest thing in the world. you know what the best thing is…. when i look over at him ( he will be 2 in jan. ) and he is sucking his thumb and he smiles without taking it out of his mouth, all you see this big grin behind his thumb! ah, my heart is melting……

blessings ~

Lauren October 11, 2008 at 5:23 am

Oh my goodness! My son is 2 weeks younger than Elias, and wants so badly to suck his thumb. Poor guy can not figure it out. He can’t get his thumb separated from the rest of his fingers. Elias gives me hope!

Amy October 11, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I LOVE the thumb sucking picture!! TOO cute!

sawin October 11, 2008 at 8:19 pm

I was watching the debate and thought…”hmmm, that really looks like Angie’s husband” I loved it when they showed him again on SNL….

Shelly October 12, 2008 at 3:46 am

I love the pic of Elias with his thumb in his mouth! How adorable!!

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 10:18 pm

Here’s the link for those who want to “see” Todd on SNL – how cool!