So after my scrapbooking filled weekend, I am consumed with wanting to create more. I didn’t scrapbook much when I was pregnant, and then have been busy getting the mom thing down, and so it has basically been a year since I have scrapbooked on a regular basis. Well no more! I am committed to making creating things and chronicling stories a more regular part of my life. (Now, I just need to get as commited to reading my bible on a daily basis, right?)
These are the things I am doing to help me get back in my creative groove.
- Big Picture Scrapbooking Class – I am currently enrolled in Product Playground Two – The Albums. While I have yet to do one of the albums (we are on week two), it has been great fuel for my creative brain. For instance, week one was all about edges and I used a bunch of scallopped pages and elements in the pages I created this weekend (see Sunday’s post). I am hoping to get an album done while my mom is here. (I am anticipating lots of time to do things with my hands since Nana wants to hold and play with Elias non-stop).
- Daily calendar writing – I have a calendar hanging in Elias’s room where I try to write something at least every other day about what he is doing, interested in, happenings of his day, etc. It is easy and I know I will go back and be thankful for the little things that are recorded.
- Jessica Sprague class– Jessica is a fabulous scrapbooker, particularly in the digital realm. She is offering a free class on her site all about telling your story (you know this topic is a big passion of mine). I signed up today and encourage you to do so as well. You don’t have to be a scrapbooker to take this class, so no excuses!
- Week in the Life – I participated in Ali’s week in the life challenge, but I am so not into putting together my album. I don’t know why. I think I feel like I didn’t write down enough and it just isn’t going to turn out as perfectly as I want. I know this is a terrible attitude, but it is how I feel. lol. What I might do instead is just take a few photos from each of the days and make a simple mini album. I would like to do a full out album like Ali’s, but that just isn’t going to happen with the week that I shot. Maybe I will do it again in a week or two. I am grateful though for all the pictures I took during that week and know I will do SOMETHING, just not the project as I originally intended. And that is okay with me.
- Mini Albums – I have a BUNCH of mini albums that I made, but then never filled with pictures/journaling. I have committed to myself that I will complete them by the end of 2008. I want 2009 to start fresh!
What are you doing to be creative lately?
Tomorrow post will include new pics of Elias – I promise.