I’m Not Going to Vegas, but…

by jessicaturner on September 16, 2008

Well, I have got good news and bad news. Last night I received a call from SWA and learned that I was not selected as a finalist to go to Vegas for the chance to be their blog-o-spondent. However, the fantastic news is that they would like to work with me to be a special assignment mommy video blogger for them!

How cool is that?

We don’t know exactly what it will look like, but SWA believes (and I agree) that I could fill a unique niche as a mommy coorespondent for the airline. My mind is already going non-stop thinking of different potential videos and topics.

So, thank you to each of you who voted for me in the blog-o-spondent contest. I am so grateful. Moreover, thank you to Southwest for taking a chance and believing in me enough to try something new and different. I look forward to the trips ahead.

Here’s to traveling with strollers, diaper bags, rattles and babies. :)

Baseballs and Tutu's September 16, 2008 at 11:32 am

Congrats!!!!!!! That’s great and so exciting…adventures in the near future for you and Elias :)

Heather September 16, 2008 at 11:33 am

Yay! Congratulations! I can’t wait to see where this leads you…

Mar September 16, 2008 at 12:56 pm

How wonderful! And how insightful of SWA — does this also mean you’d be able to do more for them from home with less travel?

surfmomma4 September 16, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Oh that is so great Jessica. Good for SW for seeing that you can do a lot for them. I think it will be better for you as a new Mom, and I;m so glad they decided to use you in a unique way because I think you are a very unique person..yea..

Simone September 16, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Congratulations! I think the Mommy Correspondent thing is just perfect for you!

staceyfike September 16, 2008 at 2:41 pm

congrats girl!! you’ll do great!!

Joy September 16, 2008 at 2:43 pm

HOW COOL that they liked you SO MUCH to create a special project for you! Maybe they felt being a new mommy gave them a different angle to work with. Woo hoo!!!

Jenn September 16, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I would absolutely watch/read a blog of mommy traveling tips and tricks!!!

What a great idea, and I’m so glad it’s you!!!!

You go girl!!

Sara September 16, 2008 at 5:08 pm

YOU ARE SO COOL. I love that you went for one thing and they gave you something else to better fit your life.

Keep being open… it seems to work for you :)

sara

jackie September 16, 2008 at 6:12 pm

Jessica !

Oh my gosh ! Even though I don't quite understand what a "mommy video blogger" is or what it means to be that, it does sound totally cool ! And, even cooler that they want you ! WHOO-HOO!

Congratulations & will look forward to hearing more about your new "gig".

Love,
Jackie Carl (Marion, IN)

Vern ~ Inspired September 16, 2008 at 6:13 pm

That is sooo wonderful…you will be great! The flying world will love you and your adventures!

Praying for this exciting season you all are in…this new adventure, M’s book release…and the baby! Wow!

Let me know when you get more bookmarks or postcards made – I will pass them out here in Texas!

Be Inspired!

Marla Taviano September 16, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Ooooh, you’re brave!

Jill September 16, 2008 at 6:33 pm

CONGRATS JESSICA!

Can’t wait to see SWA through your Mommy eyes!

Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 3:48 am

Jessica you are perfect for the SW mommy gig….that is wonderful that they have picked you for this adventure…you have always done 200% at whatever you have done. SW doen’t know yet how lucky they are :)

Gina Dayton September 17, 2008 at 4:17 am

Greetings from your San Diego Hub,

How exciting! We moms who travel need to stick together. I travel with my 2 from San Diego to Baltimore all the time. How fun is it that someone can help others understand that we don’t mean for our kids to kick the seats, cry for no reason, etc.

Good Luck and I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Gina
averycj.blogspot.com

Pete Wilson September 17, 2008 at 1:56 pm

very cool.

Becca Sports September 19, 2008 at 8:21 pm

How cool is that? I agree with Gina, it will be good to have a mommy give some insight. Having traveled with 4 kids all 5 and under on a plane, I could give you some “fun” stories. :) Congrats!