Another Milestone and Other Ramblings

by jessicaturner on September 17, 2008

Elias has been sleeping for 5-7 hours straight for a few weeks now, with most nights me getting up at 4 am for a feeding. Well, for the past two nights he has slept through the night entirely! Last night he slept from 9-5 and the night before he slept from 10:15-6:15. YEA for eight hours of sleep. Now, if I could just get to bed close to the time that he does. Then, after he wakes up and eats, he goes right back to sleep, and I usually put him in his swing, where he will sleep until about 8ish (see picture below).

Matthew is going out of town for three days today. We only have child care Monday-Wednesday (we are on a waiting list for Thursday and Friday) and our planned care for this week fell through last night. So, I was a mess trying to figure out what we were going to do with the peanut. Thankfully, Angie willingly volunteered to take care of him. Whew! It sure made me wish we had family in town… (Miss you guys.)

Please be praying for Matthew as he travels and reads from churched. We are excited for more people to be exposed to the project.

I am hoping to squeeze in a little scrapbooking while he is out of town. I would like to make a mini album of Elias’s birth. I also have a lot of pictures to scrapbook of friends and family with him. I haven’t done any layouts this week (remember my three a week goal), so maybe I can knock out one or two of those. I ordered about 200 pictures from Shutterfly on Sunday, so those should hopefully be here in a few days- and I will have even more to scrapbook. :)

Be sure to check out my answers to your scrapbooking questions below!

So, our netflix queue is running low on movies. What movies do you recommend we add to our list? We need some recommendations!

Southern Gal September 17, 2008 at 12:21 pm

We love oldies like “The Quiet Man” and “To Kill a Mockingbird”.

It’s hard to recommend when I don’t know exactly what type of film you like.

Hope you get lots of scrapping done. I started a scrapbook for my daughter two years ago when she was a senior in high school. I never got past the first page. Now I feel such guilt when I see the box with the album and supplies in it. I think I’m hopeless.

Renee

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 1:38 pm

We wish you were closer too :( nana

Twila September 17, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Good news on Elias sleeping through the night, but sorry to hear about your stress with the babysitter. Figuring out that stuff can make your day go bad quickly. Hope you have a great weekend creating and hanging out with E by yourself. Maybe you can get outside in this beautiful early fall weather.

And CONGRATS on the SW mommy blogger role! I told you that you were the right demographic for them. Awesome.

Dani September 17, 2008 at 7:44 pm

I am now wishing I lived closer to you! :( I saw that sweet face and wished I could babysit him. Angie and the girls will have a blast with that lil guy! He looks like Matthew when he’s sleeping. He must have your eyes. :) I just saw Baby Mama and it was really funny. I don’t know if you have seen that one. I can’t really think of any other ones.
That is awesome about him sleeping through the night. He seems like such a good baby!

newaz…ttyl
~Dani

Leonard Family September 18, 2008 at 3:45 am

YEAH! Sleeping through the night is a huge milestone! Way to go lil man! Sleep makes a mama happy! Happy scrappin! You and your family are in my prayers!

Jana

Sara September 18, 2008 at 4:28 am

SO happy he’s sleeping through the night… and just in time for you to be a single parent for a few days. Nothing like a little boy who is already treating him mom right. :) I think looking at his perfect face in that photo we’re all a little jealous of Angie this week; that’s the great thing about good friends… they treat you like family.

Good luck the next few days!

sara

Cari September 18, 2008 at 2:10 pm

baby mama is funny.
dan in real life is great too.

have a great weekend.

Anonymous September 18, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Just watched “what happens in Vegas” with Cameron Diaz — pretty funny and cute.

the parental unit September 18, 2008 at 3:59 pm

I’m sure God will provide you with someone to care for Elias!
I’ll pray for traveling mercies for Matt while he’s gone, too.

A few of my favorite movies:
*Phantom of the Opera (w/ Gerard Butler)
*Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly)
*Sense and Sensibility
*One Night With the King
*The Last Sin Eater

Good luck with your layouts!

Lyne :)

Amy September 18, 2008 at 5:24 pm

Hi, I’ve followed your blog since April but this is the first time I’ve commented. It’s hard to know what to recommend since I don’t know what you’ve already seen, but a few ideas ~

The entire Love Comes Softly series
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Count of Monte Cristo
Chocolat
Shawshank Redemption
The Big Chill
Elizabethtown

I hope you find something you like!