A Little Photo Crazy

by jessicaturner on September 22, 2008

So, I took A LOT of Elias photos this weekend. Like, more than 200. We didn’t do anything special, just hung out and did mini photo sessions. I had a blast. Check out some of my favorites. (I’m sorry about all the Elias pictures lately. He is just getting so expressive. I want to capture every little face.) I’m such a first-time Mom, aren’t I? lol.

We also realized that we haven’t taken many pictures of me with Elias, since I am always behind the camera. So, Matthew took some pics of the two of us this afternoon.

Thanks for letting me bore you with our life in pictures.

Oh! And speaking of pictures, I got a lot of scrapbooking done this weekend. One layout and two mini albums. I also started pulling together supplies from my stash for my Big Picture class that starts in October. I can’t wait!

Sara September 22, 2008 at 3:06 am

Did you seriously just apologize for making us look at cute pictures of an adorable baby?

Yes, you should be ashamed. :)

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming!!! Do we get to see the mini books, too?

sara

Kaitlin September 22, 2008 at 3:34 am

I love looking at pictures of E! But realize, if you ever have another child, you have to keep up with the same stuff you did with Elias, or they will feel left out. [Seeing as how I’m the 2nd child and I don’t have a baby album and my older brother does :)] I hope when I have a child I have enough creative energy to make special things like you do. I’ll probably just have 200 pictures, but not one you can pick up with your hands.

Reina Danielle September 22, 2008 at 4:23 am

I’m surprised you ONLY took around 200 pics…I get extremely snap-happy around babies :) You have the most adorable family!

Katie September 22, 2008 at 4:41 am

Ummm…seriously could he get any cuter? And why are you apologizing for sharing with us? =o) I am so glad I am not the only first time mom out there who takes that many pictures of ordinary baby days. Makes me feel better! And I don’t regret taking a single one, especially now that he is looking more like a little boy every day. But really, those expressions are something else. Too funny!

Anonymous September 22, 2008 at 11:31 am

The pictures are adorable & NO I DO NOT MIND LOOKING AT THEM! Thank you so much for sharing Elias with me. I so much wanted to hold him at Angie's Bible Study last Monday night, but didn't know if that was o.k. I took LOTS of pictures of our two kids & you will NEVER be sorry. Benessa's first year filled up a creative memories album to the MAX & I scrap with several pictures on one page! He has such precious little expressions….you can tell he is LOVED! I especially love the ones of Mommy & Elias & Daddy & Elias……….can we say BLUE RIBBON? So, keep on snapping those pictures & sharing them with us. Have a great day….Love, Rose in Nashville

Deb September 22, 2008 at 12:43 pm

These pictures are so sweet! I know you love them now, but they will be treasures in years to come. Just promise me that you will do a better job of labeling than I did. I have five kids and 22 years worth of pictures, and some of them….well we just can’t tell! I love them all anyway! Thanks for sharing…never too many pictures:) Have a great week!

Stacy September 22, 2008 at 1:04 pm

My son Gage’s first baby album goes until he is 2 months old! I apparently was snap happy as well! His first year has 2 albums bulging! You’ll never regret taking all of those photos. Emma, who is number 2, isn’t too deprived in the picture department. I suppose because she was a girl.

Beth September 22, 2008 at 1:33 pm

It doesn’t get any better as they get older either….I have 5 albums filled (they each hold 250 pictures!!) so far, and my little girl is only 10 months old!!! I take pictures of all of her “firsts”…take last night, for instance! She was in some new pjs, so I of course, HAD to take a picture of her in them! :) Keep on snapping those pictures….he’s too precious not to! :)

Dana September 22, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Don’t you dare apologize for taking pics of that adorable baby and posting them! He is tooo cute not to take and post pics.

I enjoy your blog – mostly to see new pics of that cute baby – and also because I have just started scrapbooking and I love all of the tips and pointers you give.

You can never take too many pictures! (or post them) :)

Brandon September 22, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Now is a fun time…Brandon got to be really expressive at that age and it keeps getting better. I also realized I have maybe a whole 5 pictures with me and Brandon. The rest are him. Have fun with photos!

Kelli September 22, 2008 at 3:29 pm

oh so cute :0 ) I love them all! Scrapbooking…mini albums, I want to see :)

Lissette September 22, 2008 at 8:05 pm

We love the photos! Keep them coming! I totally understand! I love photos too!

Whitney September 22, 2008 at 9:02 pm

He is seriously THE most adorable little thing ever! All those sweet faces!

Justin and Jenn September 22, 2008 at 11:26 pm

You have such an adorable little boy!

Jackie September 22, 2008 at 11:51 pm

He is soooooo PRECIOUS ! Gosh!
So squeezable !

P.S. I was in Nashville over the w/e, visiting my son. Felt so close to you (even though I have no clue where you actually live). HA !

Dani September 23, 2008 at 12:55 am

Elias is just the cutest thing EVER! I love all those faces!! Don’t you ever stop posting pics of that adorable boy! :) We love ’em!
~Dani

kas September 23, 2008 at 1:53 am

Elias is so expressive, I enjoy your pics.He is such a cutie.
Karen

Nana September 23, 2008 at 2:40 am

What a wonderful set of pictures to come home to after a REALLY long day at work Elias nana love you! xoxo

Jill September 23, 2008 at 3:13 am

Oh Jessica – stop apologizing for sharing pictures of Elias. He is beautiful and we all love sharing your joy!

Blessings to you and your precious family!

Jill

Jill September 23, 2008 at 4:27 am

Are you kidding? Bore us with that cute little face? Never. Keep the pictures coming.

An anything but quiet life... September 23, 2008 at 2:24 pm

The first picture is just so adorable-I love him!!!
You have such a cutie.
Thank goodness for digital-when taking 200+pictures!!
Thanks for sharing.

The Johnson 5 September 23, 2008 at 5:33 pm

NEVER! EVER! APOLOGIZE for taking too many pictures of your baby. When he is older you will be SO glad you did….

I take pictures of all 3 of my children every chance I get!

Kristy September 23, 2008 at 5:49 pm

Pictures are a must when kids are this little. They change everyday and always have new experssions. Look at Elias’ pictures from the first few days he was born to now and you can see how much he has grown. Having those memories captured are the best blessings we can have sometimes. I love going back and looking at all three of mine when they were tiny and they are 4,2, and 7 months old. It’s the best!

Jenn September 24, 2008 at 4:14 am

I’m not biased. I don’t even know you. But. I CERTAINLY do not mind seeing pictures of Elias. You take beautiful pictures, and he is positively adorable. So, please, no more appologizing for sharing him? None of us mind….

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 9:24 am

Elias looks so cute and adorable….. I can’t believe how big he’s getting…. there’s no doubt that he has lighten your life :)
May the Lord continue to Bless your family and he continue to be a healthy boy.
Love from CA
Judy :)

Anonymous October 2, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Darling baby boy-such a sweeeet face-really pretty baby. i can say that cz I have 2 boys-they can be pretty, too!